'Sniper: Reloaded' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Default 'Sniper: Reloaded' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just reviewed 'Sniper: Reloaded.' Yeah, we don't know why they made a direct to video sequel either. Aaron says this offers nothing new. Video is hit or miss, mostly miss (inexcusable for a sniper movie!) Audio is a little better. There are no extras. One to avoid.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4716..._reloaded.html
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 PM

The original Sniper got to number 2 in the US box office, it wasn't direct to video:
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-02-...end-box-office
It got within half a million of knocking Aladdin off the top.

However there were 2 direct to video sequels starring and aged Berenger in the early 2000s, this is actually the 4th film in the series. Come on dude, if you are going to pan something then fair enough - but do your homework first! Also you don't have the disc stats on the side of the page.

All 4 films are ridiculous but are fun watches with some friends and a few drinks if you are in 80s style action movie night, but have watched Commando, Predator, Rambo II and all the other greats too many times.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spader View Post
However there were 2 direct to video sequels starring and aged Berenger in the early 2000s, this is actually the 4th film in the series. Come on dude, if you are going to pan something then fair enough - but do your homework first! Also you don't have the disc stats on the side of the page.

All 4 films are ridiculous but are fun watches with some friends and a few drinks if you are in 80s style action movie night, but have watched Commando, Predator, Rambo II and all the other greats too many times.
Haha, you beat me to it. Yeah, this is the 4th film.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:44 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only person who's seen them!

Tragically it's almost certain we'll not get a 5th in this much loved canon, if this blurb from the wiki page of the original is anything to go on.

Quote:
On February 7, 2010, Hollywood.TV reported that Columbia Pictures auctioned off the film rights to the Sniper franchise to New Line Cinema as well as many other film franchises. On March 13, 2010 New Line Cinema announced that Joel Surnow had signed on to direct a remake of the original Sniper film. The film has been slated for a Summer 2012 release. On May 13, 2010 New Line Cinema announced that John Cena would be portraying Thomas Beckett in the remake.
"John Cena" is apparently a "WWE Raw Wrestler" and a "rapper". Jesus.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spader View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only person who's seen them!

Tragically it's almost certain we'll not get a 5th in this much loved canon, if this blurb from the wiki page of the original is anything to go on.

"John Cena" is apparently a "WWE Raw Wrestler" and a "rapper". Jesus.
If hes gonna be in it, then it'll also be co-opted with WWE Films. Great, most of their movies are crap...
Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 PM

Man it's good to know there are other people out there that can enjoy a good piece of cheese like the Sniper series. Dissin' on the film and hadn't even heard of the other 2 sequels. That deserves a, "C'MON MAN!!!"

Didnt know the rights to the series were sold to another studio. Probably explains no Tom Berenger if the new team didn't ask for his participation. Besides Tom's back in the A-list after Inception. No more straight to video cheese for him.

John Cena in a remake? I can see that after The Marine and 12 Rounds and I dug both of those as blu ray rentals. Let's just hope the remake doesn't suck too bad.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:39 AM

Sorry guys. Thanks for pointing out that snafu. I take full responsibility for it. I totally spaced the Berenger sequels. My fault. Thanks again. Carry on.

Twitter: @AaronPeck