'The Green Hornet 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Default 'The Green Hornet 3D' - High-Def Digest Review

E has compared 'The Green Hornet 3D' to the 2D edition. Lets see how they stack up...

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4507/greenhornet3d.html
Old 05-09-2011, 04:49 PM

I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. The 3D was decent but was few and far between,imo. Watching the movie in 3D made it more enjoyable for me than watching the 2d blu version. Overall...I'm glad I picked it up.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM

I refuse to buy this movie, because doing so means it could spawn a sequel.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM

Maybe some day they'll make a real Green Hornet film.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:15 PM

I was going to buy this movie but, after reading all the terrible reviews about the movie itself from other websites, I quickly changed my mind.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:57 AM

Default Conversion is not really 3D

I have seen a few scene in 3D of this movie but although the conversion is good it looks atificial but not as much as Clash of the Titans and Airbender those two are a disaster.

The probleme with conversion is usually when we see in 3D we see two slightly different angles of an image. The probleme with the conversions especially is that it's from only one eye picture.

Just take time and look at your hand close one eye and then look at it with the other eye. You will notice that you are seeing part of your hand (side of it) that will either not be there and another part will be also there. Unfortunatly a conversion cannot create something that is not there what is only see by one objective cannot be created for the other. You then loose the shape of the object of personne that is filmed compare when it is done with a 3D camera with the capture of the 2 images seen by your eyes. I just hope that it is a temprary phase and the uses of 3d camera will be more a standard, unless a conversion is done like Alice in Wonderland.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robetclo2516 View Post
The probleme with conversion is usually when we see in 3D we see two slightly different angles of an image. The probleme with the conversions especially is that it's from only one eye picture.

Just take time and look at your hand close one eye and then look at it with the other eye. You will notice that you are seeing part of your hand (side of it) that will either not be there and another part will be also there. Unfortunatly a conversion cannot create something that is not there what is only see by one objective cannot be created for the other.
The way these conversions are done is that a computer program analyzes the single-eye imagery and interpolates what the other eye would see. You're not just seeing the same thing from both eyes. (That would still be 2D.) The imagery you're getting to each eye is different. However, part of it is just guesswork, not a real photographed image.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. The 3D was decent but was few and far between,imo. Watching the movie in 3D made it more enjoyable for me than watching the 2d blu version. Overall...I'm glad I picked it up.
Ditto.

I had posted a comment in the original 2D-version review that I was considering this, but really can't stand Seth Rogen. But, based on the review of the movie (that he's supposed to be a somewhat obnoxious character), it was sounding like he might fit well.

Indeed he does. And I had a whole (surprising) lot of fun watching this movie. I haven't watched it in 2D for comparison, but for anyone wanting another good live-action 3D showpiece, this is very good. Yes, the 3D isn't anywhere near as integral or useful as Tron, Avatar, Resident Evil or even Clash of the Titans or Yogi Bear ... but it's a good experience, nonetheless. A very sharp transfer with great contrast balance and limited to no ghosting, as I recall.