Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Godstar is offline Member

Ug, hate when they do these 2 part seasons.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.

Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Yep. But if you wait until the holiday season, apparently there will be a full season anyway.

Doctorossi is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
    Ug, hate when they do these 2 part seasons.
    Well, at least this one actually reflects the original television presentation- the show is actually being aired in two mini-seasons, with a couple of months' gap between them.

Godstar is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
    Well, at least this one actually reflects the original television presentation- the show is actually being aired in two mini-seasons, with a couple of months' gap between them.
    Did they use to do that on BBC? I always thought they showed it as one season. I haven't watched the show since Tennant left and am scared that I won't like it anymore.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.

Dr Kain is offline Member

What the hell? I expected better out of BBC when it comes to bs like this. WHy didn't they do this with Primeval, yet, they do it with the doc? I'll pass and wait for the full set that includes A Christmas Carol.

Did they use to do that on BBC? I always thought they showed it as one season.
    Nope. This is the first year they're trying it.

I haven't watched the show since Tennant left and am scared that I won't like it anymore.
    So far, it's much better than the Tennant years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What the hell? I expected better out of BBC when it comes to bs like this.
    WHy didn't they do this with Primeval, yet, they do it with the doc?
    They split the Doctor Who season at the request of the show-runner. I'm not very familiar with Primeval, but I don't think the same thing is the case there. Take a look at the situation before you start dragging out the 'bs' accusations.

They split the Doctor Who season at the request of the show-runner. I'm not very familiar with Primeval, but I don't think the same thing is the case there. Take a look at the situation before you start dragging out the 'bs' accusations.
    I don't care what the situation is. They do not need to be splitting the Blu-Ray releases up. It is simply inexcusable. As for Primeval, Primeval's newest season was broken up and they did not release that on video in parts.

So far, it's much better than the Tennant years.
    No it isn't. Last season was great, but the episodes were no where near as good as Blink, the one with the Daleks vs the Cybermen, and the final episode of Season 4.

bfellow is offline Member

The previous season was mostly terrible except for the beginning and ending episodes. The Tennant ones are still the best.
    Display: Samsung 52" LNT5271F LCD 1080/24p 120Hz
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606 5.1
    HD players: Samsung BDP-1600 Profile 2.0, PS3 - 160GB
    Lite-On 4x BD-ROM (for PC) , PowerDVD 7.3/8.0 Ultra, Corel WinDVD 9
    : 111
    : 7

I don't care what the situation is. They do not need to be splitting the Blu-Ray releases up. It is simply inexcusable.
    Well, if you want to get this technical about it, they've released sub-season volumes for every season so far, 3 or 4 per season, so this year it's actually less split up than it's ever been to-date. You should be encouraging them for going in the right direction.

Last season was great, but the episodes were no where near as good as Blink, the one with the Daleks vs the Cybermen, and the final episode of Season 4.
    First of all, Blink was the best story in all of Tennant's four years and, secondly, Amy's Choice can absolutely hang with it. The Daleks vs. Cybermen story was an utter disappointment and the series 4 finale was horrendous.

Well, if you want to get this technical about it, they've released sub-season volumes for every season so far, 3 or 4 per season, so this year it's actually less split up than it's ever been to-date. You should be encouraging them for going in the right direction.
    Uh, no they haven't. The first season with Christopher was the only one released in parts.

First of all, Blink was the best story in all of Tennant's four years and, secondly, Amy's Choice can absolutely hang with it. The Daleks vs. Cybermen story was an utter disappointment and the series 4 finale was horrendous.
    What? THe Daleks vs the Cybermen was one of the best episodes out there, and the season 4 finale was the perfect ending if they had decided to end the show right there.

DiscJunkie is offline Member

Uh, no they haven't. The first season with Christopher was the only one released in parts. .
    Not in the UK where the series is made and produced and originally released - every season 1-5 has been released in parts , usually 6 discs per series followed by a complete series box set at the end.

That I did not know since I do not live in the UK. However, unlike other countries, us Americans do not buy TV shows in parts anymore. Well, unless you are an idiot Glee fanatic that will buy anything that puke out. However, real tv watchers will not buy something unless a full season set comes out. Hence why Caprica and Stargate Universe had poor DVD sales.

DiscJunkie is offline Member

I agree with you but some people have more money than sense - or they just can't wait lol.