'Mystic Pizza' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Default 'Mystic Pizza' - High-Def Digest Review

"Waitress, this Mystic Pizza is getting a little crusty."

Steven Cohen has reviewed Julia Roberts' breakout film 'Mystic Pizza.' Neither the movie nor the print have aged well. This Blu-ray looks a little rough. Audio is very weak. Extras include a beaten up old trailer. That's it. This is either for the die hard fans, or calling
out to be skipped. Steven suggests you skip it.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3335/mysticpizza.html
Old 04-20-2011, 06:18 PM

The reasons people liked it in '88 are
1)they had no expectations
2)the last 23 years hadn't happened yet

Of course, the world needed Mystic Pizza if for no other reason than that 30 Rock would one day do the bit about Mystic Pizza: The Musical.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:09 PM

I saw Mystic Pizza on cable in 89' & had the biggest crush on Julia Roberts at the very beginning when she was serving in that skirt (fond memories ) i even taped it in Beta II so i could get a clear picture of her. Those 80's !
Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM

I picked this blu-ray title up for $10. It is a film my wife and I remember enjoying years ago and guess what - we thoroughly enjoyed it again in HD. Is it going to show off your high definition home theater system for anyone? No. Is it going to provide enjoyable family entertainment for an evening? It did for us - again.