'Muay Thai Giant' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-19-2011, 05:24 PM

Default 'Muay Thai Giant' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven Cohen has reviewed the bizarre film 'Muay Thai Giant.' This sounds like a combination of Popeye and The Hulk. Unfortunately, aside from a scene of some dude drinking soda from a plastic bag, and another incident in which the title character battles an airplane, this action comedy sounds better on paper than it looks on the screen. This Blu-ray features mediocre video and audio, and a rather dull batch of extras. Skip it, unless you have a big plastic bag full of rum and Coca Cola.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4749/mt_giant.html
Old 04-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Awesome review.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM

My Mom is Filipino so i used to go to the Philippines a lot as a kid and to get a Coke it was cheaper to have it in a plastic bag then a bottle. I think it was something to do with them getting money back for sending the empty bottles.

It was like 20 years ago now but i remember it being quite a novelty to walk around with a bag of Coke and a straw!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:13 PM

In Thailand it is normal to drink from a plastic bag - and it saves the environment.

I like this film, bad name in the US though, I prefer the name Somtum. I have the Taiwanese BD that might be just a upconvert but it looks better than most DVDs.

This film should be considered more as a drama comedy than a action film - I guess that's just the reason why the reviewer had wrong assumptions with this.