'Big Momma's: Like Father, Like Son' is coming June 14 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-14-2011, 12:26 PM

Default 'Big Momma's: Like Father, Like Son' is coming June 14

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4328...mashouse3.html
Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 PM

Like the Madea movies, cue the sound of crickets!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight1138 View Post
Like the Madea movies, cue the sound of crickets!
like the madea movies, thin guy in a fat woman suit!

didn't see 1 or 2. i hope to keep that streak going!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:20 AM

Finally, some class comes to blu-ray.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:50 AM

The idiocracy continues. And some tried to say just recently that social conservatives are the source of all of today's ills. It's a good thing they're just talking bobbleheads on a forum since the problem runs much deeper than that...

Dave Chappelle is the man, explaining his reasoning for walking away from $50 million. He was not gonna' contribute further to the Hollywood trend of the emasculation of men, no matter how high the price:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb1WUVAtseU
Old 04-16-2011, 02:02 AM

Seriously, Vinnie?

Is it really necessary to bring in political undertones in your post for a movie like Big Mommas 3?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 04-16-2011, 02:56 AM

Yes, yes, it was. Because I recall seeing a lot of bellyaching in the water cooler thread about "things that piss you off" on a related (political) topic; vague statements chastising anyone who isn't a fawning leftist and it rubbed me the wrong way. This movie is the antithesis to what a social conservative might believe and even Dave Chappelle, the one you'd least expect, takes a stand against nonsensical gender-bending masquerading as comedy and being fed to the lowest common denominator to make a quick (worthless) buck, which serves no other purpose than to confuse the roles of men and women and diminish the functional differences between sexes. This new enlightened Chappelle is like a breath of fresh air (which relates to this movie very much in that Chappelle was previously playing alongside Martin Lawrence in either one of the prequels or another similarly themed movie). Ban me if you must. I'm so tired of political correctness. Sorry if this seems to go all over the place, I'm in an (excessively, meaning more so than usual ;-)) sour mood.

Last edited by vinnie97; 04-16-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Comedy 101: Fat suits are always, always funny.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 04-18-2011, 03:50 PM

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's some sort of conspiracy to blur the lines. I'd chalk it up to lazy writing. I grew up in the 80's watching Benny Hill and his stuff was full of such devices but of course with british humore it was witty dialog that provided the funny not the spectable. That said I'm very tired of this low brow stuff myself.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
The idiocracy continues. And some tried to say just recently that social conservatives are the source of all of today's ills. It's a good thing they're just talking bobbleheads on a forum since the problem runs much deeper than that...

Dave Chappelle is the man, explaining his reasoning for walking away from $50 million. He was not gonna' contribute further to the Hollywood trend of the emasculation of men, no matter how high the price:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb1WUVAtseU

Whatever. He's full of shit. He should have taken the 50 MILLION, whored himself to get the 50 MILLION, and done his own thing once he got PAID. Alas, he didn't get shit, and his career pretty much tanked. Don't give me that whole "he had a successful comedy tour" shortly thereafter.