Reviewing Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Question Reviewing Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker?

Will Return of the Joker be reviewed on the site? If not, does anyone in the user community have it and care to say how the video looks? I have both versions on DVD already and love the movie so I was considering picking it up on Blu, but I would like to know how it looks first. See if it's worth it. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browncoat85 View Post
Will Return of the Joker be reviewed on the site? If not, does anyone in the user community have it and care to say how the video looks? I have both versions on DVD already and love the movie so I was considering picking it up on Blu, but I would like to know how it looks first. See if it's worth it. Thanks!
I am assigned to review it, but as of right now we have not received a studio screener for it.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 04-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
I am assigned to review it, but as of right now we have not received a studio screener for it.
yeah, not every catalog title gets sent as a screener. the tom and jerry, as well as scooby doo animated titles from the same day didn't arrive, either.

i'm buying BB:ROTJ later today from amazon, the price is too good to pass on. 13 bucks? hellz yeah!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 AM

I watched it. Looks better than any version that has ever come before it. It's in full frame, though, so some may throw a bitch fit over that. It's still OAR.

Last edited by cheez avenger; 04-08-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I watched it. Looks better than anything version that has ever come before it. It's in full frame, though, so some may throw a bitch fit over that.
But that's how it was made originally right?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
But that's how it was made originally right?
Yeah, but the SD was released in widescreen. I don't think there was any tinkering involved, because technically it IS being presented in its OAR. Full frame.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Yeah, but the SD was released in widescreen. I don't think there was any tinkering involved, because technically it IS being presented in its OAR. Full frame.
That's what I thought since it was on tv 1st and before everyone had a flat screen. I'm tempted to get this. I'm telling myself it would be for my son, but it would really be mine.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Is this the "hard" version or does it have the edits for violence?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMajor View Post
Is this the "hard" version or does it have the edits for violence?
This is the "hard" version. lol
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Yea, it's the PG-13 version with everything intact. I actually just got a text from a friend who saw it at Walmart. He said that there, it's a combo pack with the DVD as well. Has anyone heard about different versions of this? The Amazon on is only one disc.

Thanks Cheez, I'm probably going to pick this up. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some kind of botched transfer. These things do happen! (Albeit less often now that Blus are more popular)