Blockbuster And Online Exchange for Blu-ray at Store - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Blockbuster And Online Exchange for Blu-ray at Store

Does anyone know Blockbuster's official policy regarding excanging online rentals for Blu Ray discs at the store. I took an online rental in today for a blu ray exchange and was able to do it, but the girls that were working didn't really know what to do so they gave me the exchange. Have any of you had problems exchanging online rentals at the store for blu ray discs?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I just did it today and had no problem.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:48 PM

You can exchange your online rentals for BR and it should be with no probelm, i was told by my best friend who is BB manager that the rental prices in store for BR will be going up to 4.99 (i don't know if it's just for the new releases or if it includes catalog titles though)
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by renspacecom View Post
You can exchange your online rentals for BR and it should be with no probelm, i was told by my best friend who is BB manager that the rental prices in store for BR will be going up to 4.99 (i don't know if it's just for the new releases or if it includes catalog titles though)
**Blu-ray abbreviation is BD not BR**
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 PM

Maybe so, but BR is better. The ray is blue, the disc is not.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgantert View Post
Maybe so, but BR is better. The ray is blue, the disc is not.
to each his own, right?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:59 PM

I honestly don't know because not one of my stores stocks them... What cities are you guys in that are already stocking them?... I'm guessing the West coast because they always get everything first...
Old 07-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
I honestly don't know because not one of my stores stocks them... What cities are you guys in that are already stocking them?... I'm guessing the West coast because they always get everything first...
I am in California and in my area there were 2 test stores within 45 minutes of each other,in my town there are going to be 6 stores that have the BR/Bd (whatever) rollout..
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I'm in NE Philly and they have about 60-80 titles. They keep them in DVD cases and have a special BD insert that goes behind the original movie insert. I think I'm the first one in my area to rent a BD at the store.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 AM

Thanks for all your replies. I was able to get 4 today with coupons and online exchanges. I am in north central Illinois and our store has about 80 titles as well I would guess. I was dissapointed that many of the bigger titles were missing, but the manager there told me to expect that initially. They said they would be getting more. I actually went to the store twice today because I got a disk in the mail during the day, watched it and then took it back tonight and the only discs that had been rented were the ones that I had taken. Don't know if this is good, bad, indifferent. I am sure some of the PS3 owners in the area will be renting a few at some point (we don't even have a store in the area that sells a stand alone BD player), but I would also guess the $5 rental fee will keep some people from renting them as well. I know I will not rent them as long as I can exchange them with online rentals.