Where do you by your BD discs from? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Where do you buy your BD discs from?

I have traditionally always bought my BDs at Futureshop or Walmart. But I think that is about to change. I am sick and tired of getting movies with cases that have scratches, nicks etc on them from most likely employees not knowing how to handle product and being carless. Not to mention these stores can have crappy selection from tme to time.

I think I am goign to buying ALL of my BDs from Amazon.ca now. I have never gotten a single DVD or HD DVD from them that was in anything buy PERFECT condition. My BD collection is something I like to have in MINT condition and a new movie should not have a gouge in the back of it's case or anything.

From now on all movie purchases will be made on Amazon.ca, I just preordered 300 from them tonight and purchased The Patriot a few minutes ago on there.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:29 AM

hmm, mainly from amazon, because they have sometimes good deals The shipping is 6.98$ which does suck, but its ok . But I shop around.. I use Axelmusic.com,dvdpacific,deepdiscount and hidefdvd.com..

Play.com has free shipping on everything and a great store with LOTS of campaigns and deals, but blu-ray dics are a bit pricey... They also have many blu-ray releases that are region free, but not announced in us..
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 AM

Future Shop has some good prices. I usally get my HD DVD's at FS or BB, im gonna get Prestige, Rocky Balboa, Tears of the Sun and Crank in a few days.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:50 AM

I love crank, its my favorite hd disc.. It looks so damn nice !
Old 07-10-2007, 08:10 AM

So far I have only bought titles from Amazon.com, Axelmusic.com and play-asia.com.

My guess is that I will soon start to buy Blu-ray:s from Amazon.co.uk or play.com also.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:17 AM

FS is where i go to the most, then wal-mart.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 AM

A very good place to buy American BD's if you live overseas is axelmusic.com, shipping is only $1.5 per title and shipments are sent from Denmark, Germany or the UK. In other words, no customs etc.