'Faster' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM

Default 'Faster' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Faster.' He says The Rock's action return is a bit hit or miss at times, but this has some truly stunning moments, and the disc is a winner. With strong video, exceptional audio, and some souped up extras, this Blu-ray is recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4374/faster.html
Old 02-25-2011, 08:01 PM

Still wanting to check this out, love the Rock in about anything and I'm extremely looking forward to Fast Five, him and Vin Diesel in the same movie is all kinds of awesome!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Ha! Quarantine 2 is DTV???? The Price is WRONG, bitch!!!!! Best news I've heard all day.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:42 PM

I thought this was one of the better film of 2010. This film is not a balls to the wall action film. It's really a modern day western. Write down to his the Rocks loud Boots (instead of Spurs) every time he walked. Even the lack of names is supposed to bring thoughts of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Now I am not saying this is as good as that film but one must be aware that this a modern day western and not a bang bang action film. There is action but it's quick and to the point. More like mexican standoffs.

I thought the characters were all great. Even the smallest characters are given something in their life or personality that makes them have a bit more richness then your average film of this type.

Many bad reviews seemed to miss the fact that this was more of a western then an action film. Anyways I really enjoyed it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Default It was okay

I enjoyed the film up until the
Spoiler
dumbass decision to let the preacher live
I felt it was a cop out and I considered it out of character. It turned a great film into an okay film. I may rent this one again but I doubt it'll make me like the movie more.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 AM

I lost some respect for the reviewer when he talked about how much he appreciated "The Rock" being such a great action star. There basically IS NO great action star in film right now, I'm waiting for one to rise from the ashes again. The Rock comes off like a big slow dumb oaf all the time, he reminds me of Sloth from the Goonies.

Every time The Rock or Christian Bale appear in an action movie, I die a little inside. They are ruining my love for the genre.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Former Member

The Rock is hardly dumb and slow. He's fairly witty, a physical beast with plenty of talent to perform stunts, and a superb speaker. He is, by FAR, the best crossover actor out there right now, and even if his films are usually bombs, there is only one young talent close to him in action flicks right now, and that's Jason Statham.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:26 PM

I too think The Rock is a good actor, period. He's able to carry the crappiest movies on the back of his charisma. He's a likable dude. It's just that he's always in terrible kiddie movies. Still, even then he's able to make movies like 'Race to Witch Mountain' somewhat watchable. And that's saying something.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't call The Rock a top "action" star. He strayed a lot from that genre with his bunch of kiddie movies.

Jason Statham is the only true action star around right now. Though Schwarzenegger says he's ready for business again, so maybe he'll deliver something good.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:17 PM

I'd say Stallone is back as well.

Rocky Balboa
Rambo
The Expendables

Not a bad little Trifecta there.