'Sharktopus' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-25-2011, 02:03 PM

Default 'Sharktopus' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate Boss has turned in a fun Friday review of 'Sharktopus.' This is an entertaining creature feature for fans of Roger Corman's brand of schlock cinema. This Blu-ray features pretty low grade video, average audio, and minimal extras. Worth a look if you love trashy monster movie fun. Worth a read no matter what!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4451/sharktopus.html
Old 02-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Wow, didn't expect a review for this so soon. Always love these movies and the reviews Nate give them, so I'm going to be picking this one up, though probably when the price drops some more due to the technical aspects.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:44 PM

Cool review. I wonder when the movie with both Tifany and Debbie Gibson is being released on blu.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:03 PM

I just wish we could have the ultimate battle of Sharktopus vs. Skytopus.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-25-2011, 06:33 PM

Nate, a very entertaining review! Definitely a movie I'll be checking out...however, your use of the term "Sharktopii" may be incorrect...Octopii is actually incorrect pluralization of Octopus...so I have one even better (I hope) for you: Sharktopodes
Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM

My only complaint with this review is that ...the release date is still 2 weeks or so away!

The name alone tells me, "Blind buy!" And since I missed the SyFy showing, Nate's review only adds to the pressure!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 PM

Is this Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus bad or is it like Full Moon/Troma bad in that its very self aware that its bad? I despised MS vs. GO because they tried to play it too damn straight, such a bad movie should not be made in that regard IMO, I'm a B movie fan but only of the self aware type stuff or the straight up fun stuff, Full Moon is probably my favorite B movie studio and stuff like Evil Bong 3D with scratch and sniff just cant be beat for laughs and fun factor, if Sharktopus is anything like that I'll be all over it, if its another MS vs. GO or pretty much any Asylum flick I'll definitely be skipping it

Just watched the trailer, looks like it should be a fun time and its a big win when Eric Roberts is in it

Last edited by Vidfreek; 02-25-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 PM

Shit, make me wish they would release Frankenfish on BD already!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._DVD_cover.jpg
Old 02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyb37 View Post
Nate, a very entertaining review! Definitely a movie I'll be checking out...however, your use of the term "Sharktopii" may be incorrect...Octopii is actually incorrect pluralization of Octopus...so I have one even better (I hope) for you: Sharktopodes
shit, you may be right. thankfully there aren't multiple Sharktopodes/pii/puses/pwhatevers, because then i'd have to wonder, are they a murder? a legion? cadre? flock? gang? roost?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Shit, make me wish they would release Frankenfish on BD already!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._DVD_cover.jpg
Yes, now thats my idea of a great B movie, I own the DVD of Frankenfish.....perfect example of how a B movie creature feature should be done, at least IMO