Echo Bridge Takes On Miramax DVD & Bluray Titles - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Default Echo Bridge Takes On Miramax DVD & Bluray Titles

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/echo...s/#more-107321

Echo Bridge Entertainment, a leading worldwide distribution company, and Miramax announced today that they have entered into a domestic distribution deal. Under the long-term deal, Echo Bridge will distribute 251 titles from the distinguished Miramax film library via DVD and Blu-ray to retailers around the country utilizing Echo Bridge’s unique merchandising and distribution techniques. Miramax titles under the new partnership include such films as the From Dusk Till Dawn trilogy, award-winning dramas such as Music of the Heart, Marvin’s Room, Tsotsi and Becoming Jane, and select titles from the Hellraiser, Halloween, Pokemon and Children of the Corn franchises.

“These Miramax titles are fabulous additions to our home entertainment offerings,” said Michael Rosenblatt, Chairman, President and CEO of Echo Bridge. “We’re elated to partner with Mike Lang and the new Miramax team. We are all very excited about bringing these Miramax titles - many of which have tremendous star power and are cult classics - to audiences for their discovery and enjoyment.”

“We are very pleased to partner with Michael Rosenblatt and the team at Echo Bridge on these titles, which in many cases have never been fully exploited,” said Mike Lang, CEO of Miramax. “Our goal at Miramax is to work with the right partners to fully maximize every asset in our extraordinary film catalog across all platforms. We believe the Echo Bridge team will bring the right experience, execution and a strong entrepreneurial approach to our business, along with our other home entertainment partners.”
Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Looks like Echo bridge will be in charge of distributing the "genre" pictures. They're basically the new "Genius" company NOT owned by The Wiensteins.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:22 PM

Uh oh. Everything I have seen from Echo Bridge on dvd looks like shit! How could Miramax sign over there awesome catalog to them?!!! Here is one of their products...

Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 AM

yeah don't think echo bridge will be doing the transfers thank god.
it's funny how PD companies are getting real rights for catalog films now.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 AM

All I can say is I hope Echo Bridge does a great job but I am very surprised this agreement was made. A serious problem for the deal is the fact the market expects to pay very little for anything with Echo Bridge on it. It may be an affiliated or parent corporation name will be on the case along with Miramax
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 AM

I tried to find an Echo Bridge affiliate with a reputation for quality and couldn't easily. Echo Bridge did acquire the Alliance TV programming distribution company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_Atlantis

I will be very surprised if we see Echo Bridge prominently displayed on Miramax Blu-ray releases.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
Uh oh. Everything I have seen from Echo Bridge on dvd looks like shit! How could Miramax sign over there awesome catalog to them?!!! Here is one of their products...

incorrect. Transmorphers is not an Echo Bridge title. the awesome that is MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS is.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 AM

Uh, I got this off their website. It is under their catalog titles they distribute.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Former Member

all packaging and premenu content shows zero affiliation with echo bridge, unless they bought distribution rights on it after it was released, which is possible.

disc itself was not made by echo bridge, like the rest of their stuff.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:56 AM

Amazon page for Transmorphers DVD says
Quote:
Studio: Echo Bridge Home Entertainment
http://www.amazon.com/Transmorphers-..._bxgy_d_text_b

The Blu-ray says
Quote:
Studio: The Asylum
http://www.amazon.com/Transmorphers-.../ref=ed_oe_blu