'Hoax' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2007, 08:49 PM
PeterB

Default 'Hoax' -- pre-release buzz

Buena Vista has announcement another one for release on 10/16:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/hoax.html

The disc comes with the usual 1080p video and uncompressed PCM 5.1 track. Extras include commentary, featurettes and deleted scenes.

Looking forward to this one -- I've heard it is one of the most underrated films of the year and, like the recent 'Breach,' a strong thriller.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 PM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Buena Vista has announcement another one for release on 10/16:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/hoax.html

The disc comes with the usual 1080p video and uncompressed PCM 5.1 track. Extras include commentary, featurettes and deleted scenes.

Looking forward to this one -- I've heard it is one of the most underrated films of the year and, like the recent 'Breach,' a strong thriller.
It is very underrated. Excellent performances by Gere and Molina. Not sure I'd compare it to Breach and/or call it a thriller though. It is a much lighter movie than Breach (which I thoroughly enjoyed) was. There are definitely moments of suspense and tension, but I would call it more of a dramedy.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 PM

I'm definitely interested in watching this movie, looked very interesting.

Just FYI, but this might end up being available to HD DVD owners as an import.
From IMDB related to distribution for this film:
Momentum Pictures (2006) (UK) (all media)

I *believe* that Momentum Pictures publishes HD DVDs in the UK. Corrections welcome of course.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 PM

Just a heads to the editors. The story which is Blu-ray related was posted on the hd dvd news section. Probably should be moved off of that page.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurbkidc View Post
Just a heads to the editors. The story which is Blu-ray related was posted on the hd dvd news section. Probably should be moved off of that page.
Buena Vista on HD DVD ...cool
Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Default This May Not Be So Far From The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolo View Post
Buena Vista on HD DVD ...cool
You know, if the European Commission (EC) decides from the replies they were scheduled to get a few days ago that they will continue investigating the Studios and their exclusive commitments to Blu Ray and in the case of Universal to HD DVD, then it seems very likely Buena Vista & FOX and Universal and Sony Pictures and Lionsgate & Weinstein etc. will individually be deciding either (1) Cease all releases on Hi Def disk, OR (2) Release all future disks on both Formats [like Warner & Paramount].

Why you might ask? Because the next major stage of the EC's investigation calls for Depositions of Studio Heads and other staff. This portion would end up costing Studios many millions of Dollar$ in legal fees and it would seem very unlikely that with the minimal amount of profit generated by the sales of even the biggest titles on these formats, that Studios are going to be willing to make such huge legal expenditures just to back Sony (or for UNI to back HD DVD). They could be spiteful and drop all releases or proactive and agree to release in both formats thereby effectively removing the concerns of the EC and ending the investigation that they begun last year.
DJD
Old 07-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

delayed, so it WAS a hoax!!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:27 PM

Maybe this will end up like Mr and Mrs Smith where the BD version is canned and the European HD DVD is released first
Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 PM

Not a Gere fan but...you never know. I may consider this if reviews are good.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
delayed, so it WAS a hoax!!
hahahahahaha