High-Def Digest's Can't Miss Valentine's Day Movie Guide - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Default High-Def Digest's Can't Miss Valentine's Day Movie Guide

HDD's Aaron Peck offers his picks for can't miss Valentine's Day movies!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...vie_Guide/6306
Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Glad to see Say Anything on the list but no love for Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerebel View Post
Glad to see Say Anything on the list but no love for Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World?
That's a good suggestion. Only could put 10 on the list though, and I had to think of the ladies. Hence the addition of 'Dirty Dancing.'

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 PM

Boooo this list.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I am sure it was quite hard to come up with a list for this because damn near every movie on a valentine's list is not available on Blu. Pathetic that we're this many years and still nawt.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Former Member

Definitely Maybe has a BD release in the UK? did not know that!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 AM

My favorite film on that list (aside from Casablanca): Dirty Dancing

Sure, I was brainwashed by my older cousin and her friends as we would watch that (and Rocky V) non-stop (the only VHS tapes around when we'd go by my grandmother's house), but I still love it. Ironically, my g/f is not a fan of the film at all. So I think the key is that in relationships one person has to love Dirty Dancing and the other has to grin and bear it for things to work out.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:35 AM

Default Man-centric

Okay, this site has now posted two (slightly) different lists of Valentine's Day movies. But as a woman I have to ask, couldn't we get one that isn't so man-centric? Isn't there at least one woman on the staff you could ask to write up a list?

It's not even so much that I disagree with most of the choices so much as the tone in which the articles are written. The "Ten Valentine's Day Blu-rays to Watch With Your Date (Ones You'll Actually Enjoy)" was the worst, basically starting off by saying women like crappy movies. (Really? Because I doubt it's women that fueled ticket sales for Transformers 3 to be greenlighted. Or to make the Saw series last for 7 movies. And we're certainly not responsible for getting Hollywood to think that making ANY movie starring a pro wrestler or UFC fighter would be a good idea.)
Old 02-10-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post
Okay, this site has now posted two (slightly) different lists of Valentine's Day movies. But as a woman I have to ask, couldn't we get one that isn't so man-centric? Isn't there at least one woman on the staff you could ask to write up a list? .)
Get Em!! lol
Old 02-10-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post
Okay, this site has now posted two (slightly) different lists of Valentine's Day movies. But as a woman I have to ask, couldn't we get one that isn't so man-centric? Isn't there at least one woman on the staff you could ask to write up a list?

It's not even so much that I disagree with most of the choices so much as the tone in which the articles are written. The "Ten Valentine's Day Blu-rays to Watch With Your Date (Ones You'll Actually Enjoy)" was the worst, basically starting off by saying women like crappy movies. (Really? Because I doubt it's women that fueled ticket sales for Transformers 3 to be greenlighted. Or to make the Saw series last for 7 movies. And we're certainly not responsible for getting Hollywood to think that making ANY movie starring a pro wrestler or UFC fighter would be a good idea.)
Sorry. As of right now we don't have a female on staff. Not that we don't want a female on staff it's just that there's not many female Blu-ray reviewers out there, but I'm sure our editor Mike is always looking.

Twitter: @AaronPeck