'5th Element' Re-release Pictures! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Formerly Delta_FX

Default '5th Element' Re-release Pictures!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=872094

What do you guys think?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM

WOW!

Now, this is a much better transfer. For those who believe that the video encodes make no difference will be surprised. Although small, the difference between AVC and MPEG-2 is clear. I can't wait to buy this on the 17th!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 07-08-2007, 07:52 PM

Damn, I need to hurry up and send my disc back in.

Anyone know if they changed anything about the exchange? I e-mailed them about this the 21st of last month, was about to send it back in but was hesitent just in case some of their arrangements have changed. E-mailed them to ask, but haven't heard back.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
Now, this is a much better transfer. For those who believe that the video encodes make no difference will be surprised. Although small, the difference between AVC and MPEG-2 is clear. I can't wait to buy this on the 17th!
I think you can credit an improved codec but more importantly an improved source also.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowhite View Post
I think you can credit an improved codec but more importantly an improved source also.
Also more space allows for less compression. 50 gig disk now.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 PM

the 1st release wasn't good at all. It felt like a VHS rip straight to Blu-Ray. At least, there is a replacement disc program. I just hope the source will be better now and stop doing release like this one. It's bad for the customers
Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
WOW!

Or if you can have a Wal-Mart near you that carries BD's you can pick up now. There are reports that they are out at certain stores. It was the case when I was visiting a friend and we went to the supercenter in Waterford, CT. Sorry, I have poor lighting and my digicam kinda sucks.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:48 PM

Whoa, I'm heading to the Wal-Mart over by me right now to check and see if they have it.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Also, I guess after many complaints about the side and bottom security stickers they have stopped using them. If you notice in my pic there is only the sticker on the top. The stupid adhesive never fully came off the case and even bent the plastic on mine. They also used a Disney/BV style case this time with the snap on the side. I wonder if this will be the trend for all future releases.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Also, I guess after many complaints about the side and bottom security stickers they have stopped using them. If you notice in my pic there is only the sticker on the top. The stupid adhesive never fully came off the case and even bent the plastic on mine. They also used a Disney/BV style case this time with the snap on the side. I wonder if this will be the trend for all future releases.

Paidjeek on Avs said a couple of weeks back that this release would have the fix security sticker and cover art on the disk. I guess he is right again. I can't wait to get my amazon order. great job on Sony's end.