Ten Inspirational Blu-rays to Help You Keep Your New Year's Resolution - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Default Ten Inspirational Blu-rays to Help You Keep Your New Year's Resolution

Ten Inspirational Blu-rays to Help You Keep Your New Year's Resolution:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...esolution/6202
Old 01-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Former Member

i 1000% agree with including The World's Fastest Indian on this list. great flick, amazingly unheard of, despite its fantastic performance.

call me crazy, but Terminator: Salvation has a bit of the inspiration in it, as well, if you follow the Sam Worthington arc.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 PM

LOl, what if your New Year's Resolution was to buy less Blu-ray's?? I've put a limit on one per month for myself, it was a breeze in January with a bunch of crap coming out besides Social Network, which I still have yet to watch anyways with all the carry-overs from Christmas. Nevertheless, with over 250+ in my collection already, this is gonna be one tough resolution to keep, especially when these Oscar hits start coming out.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Former Member

i don't do new year's resolutions, i think if any change needs to be adhered to solely due to a date change, then one didn't have the will to do it in the first place.

a big load of hooey, if you ask me.

i would have LOLed so hard if MSP included one of the I Spit On Your Grave films in there. it's all about overcoming adversity!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:54 PM

Default The Ten Commandments (Thanks Moses)

This has nothing to do with the religious aspect of the movie.

Back in 1978 I was concerned about my job. I worked for a government and we were about to be "reorganized" (a popular form of recreation for HR in any government). Anyway I was watching the Ten Commandments on TV and worrying about my situation at the same time. During the scene where the baby Moses is floating through the bulrushes while his sister watches from reeds I thought to myself, "I wonder what I'll be doing the next time I see this scene". As it turned out there was nothing to worry about. I kept my job and actually benefitted from the changes. Since then everytime this scene comes on I think back to that evening and my worries and how silly they really were. For me it has pointed out the uselessness of worrying about the future and what it holds. I feel this scene/incident has changed the way I approach change. I no longer worrry about it.

(Looking forward avidly to the Blue Ray).
Old 01-27-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'
Excellent. My New Year's resolution was to abandon my wife and kids for the heavens. This should be just the inspiration I need to get started!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TL View Post
Excellent. My New Year's resolution was to abandon my wife and kids for the heavens. This should be just the inspiration I need to get started!
We need a ROTFL smiley. For now, this will have to do: