'Buried' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-25-2011, 04:54 PM

Default 'Buried' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom Landy has reviewed 'Buried.' He says this is one of the best films of the year. This Blu-ray features strong video, excellent audio, and a bonus DVD. This release is highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4401/buried.html
Old 01-25-2011, 05:16 PM

I agree with the review 100%. I watched this last Saturday, and it was gripping, and just a very enjoyable film. I only have one complaint, I did not like the ending, and I don't think this is the type of movie you can ever watch twice.

Awesome one time view, will never watch it again.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:44 PM

I liked the ending:

Spoiler
After thinking about it, I think they made it really up to the viewer to decide if he was saved or not. He wrote the name Mark White on the board inside, so when they said they found Mark White it could have really been White, but since he was missing for a couple weeks already I don't know how they'd be able to identify him that quickly, with decomposition in the heat. I think perhaps they really found Conroy, and when they pried open the top they saw the name Mark White and thought it was him. If they kept digging fast enough they might have pulled him out in time and if not, then he would obviously suffocate.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but to me, there was a reason for writing the name.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM

Landy,

I think you need to watch the movie again. You COMPLETELY misunderstood how it ended. Nothing was left up to the viewer to decide.

Mark
Old 01-25-2011, 06:05 PM

yeah, the ending seemed clear cut to me.

and I agree with shesha... good to watch once, but I never want to see it again.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:45 PM

i watched it this weekend and thought it was a really good movie. Like others have said, I don't know how much replay value it has. I might would revisit it down the road, but I doubt I would find it as intense with a second viewing.

Also, the ending did seem pretty clear cut to me.

Spoiler
As far as the Mark White character goes, I think it was a name the guy on the phone threw out there just to give Conroy some hope. Conroy demanded a name and that just happened to be the one the guy threw out there. There was no way to verify the he was telling the truth until the end when they dug up his body instead of Conroy's at the end.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
I agree with the review 100%. I watched this last Saturday, and it was gripping, and just a very enjoyable film. I only have one complaint, I did not like the ending, and I don't think this is the type of movie you can ever watch twice.

Awesome one time view, will never watch it again.
Saw this in the movies and started having an anxiety attack 5 minutes in. For anyone with claustrophobia, you need not watch this. Don't even do it to satisfy a curiosity. It's that bad.

However, it's extremely well made, written, acted, etc. I just NEVER EVER want to see it again.

Oh and btw...the ending is completely clear cut. I don't know how anyone could look at it otherwise.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM

I would support the complimentary remarks about this blu-ray title. We watched it the other evening (a Redbox rental) and became mesmerized pretty quickly. It was very engaging and the "making of" documentary was very interesting. I don't know that I would run out and buy it - but it is a definite borrow/rental recommendation. For a $1.50 rental at the local grocery - it was a terrific evening's entertainment bargain - including the ending.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:52 PM

I agree with the review , i have watched probably 20 movies the last few weekends combined and this movie still has me thinking more than any other .. I thought the ending was perfect for the movie ... but (Maybe spoiler ? )
Spoiler
why the hell did he never call the embassy ? that would have been my first call .. but he never even tried
Old 01-26-2011, 06:24 AM

Going to have to check this one out. Maybe this weekend. Probably will rent it on itunes.