'Dead Space: Aftermath' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-23-2011, 04:39 PM

Default 'Dead Space: Aftermath' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate Boss has reviewed 'Dead Space: Aftermath.' This is one of the worst looking animated Blu-ray releases ever. With horrible video, average but out of sync audio, and no real extras, this is one to avoid, even for fans of the first one.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4476...aftermath.html
Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Ouch... good thing you all got the review out in time, looks like this isn't even worth the extra $10 when you buy the game @ BB.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 PM

wow....thats dissapointing...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:18 AM

It's ashame because the Dead Space story, and first game are both amazing.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM

Wow - everyone, don't let these movies detract you from experiencing the game. Fantastic experience, that was.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 AM

lmao i would love for NATE BOSS to try dead space ignition and see which is better.

im about to buy a ps move and reserve dead space 2. Buying Dead Space 1 during steam sale $6.80 was a big surprise. The pace and story was soo good imo along with the gameplay and voiceover work. It was kind of like the atmosphere to that of Ridley Scott's Aliens.

Overall i was hooked and i wanted to learn more about the story. THIS movie can wait for a netflix release!! I enjoyed downfall and im will play igntion for the story... YES I KNOW IM A BRAVE MAN.

but come midnight i cant wait to play the remake of dead space extraction!! then onto dead space 2!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Former Member

well, what's dead space ignition? all i know about is dead space, dead space 2, and downfall and aftermath.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
well, what's dead space ignition? all i know about is dead space, dead space 2, and downfall and aftermath.
It's this like...game thing you download on ps3 or 360 and it connects the games or something. i haven't played it yet, though.

Quote:
It was kind of like the atmosphere to that of Ridley Scott's Aliens.
Ridley Scott directed Alien. James Cameron directed Aliens. Which one do you mean?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Dead Space ignition is an interactive comic game. The only elements of gaming is your basic form of move one cursor to another and/or navigate a ball without failing.... kinda of boring.

here's some youtube videos.
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+ignition&aq=f

From what Ive heard dead space 2 takes place immediately right after ignition.

Dead Space extraction was a Wii game exclusive where you witness and partake the events before Dead Space one. The game is an on rails shooter where pretty much you have very little control of character movement but you do have to point and shoot. The story of Dead Space Downfall takes place on the space ship Ishimura wheres as Dead Space Extraction takes place on the planet, basically the beginning of everything.

It was developed by the same team who created Dead Space one but unfortunately it didnt sell well on the Nintendo Wii even though it was met with such critical success. SO as an added bonus, any owner of a ps3(not 360) who buys a copy of Dead Space 2 will have a chance to play Dead Space Extraction which is also on the blu ray disc.

I hope a member of the staff can review both Dead Space two and Extraction!
If you have a Playstation move along with a Playstation eyetoy then your all set for Extraction.

Cant wait to read the reviews!!! 360 version will come in two discs wheres as Im assuming Dead Space two on blu ray using a full 25gb layer or MAYBE 50gb layer. I bet the Visual and Audio performance will be great!

Last edited by RAMBOJVR; 01-24-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Well i would say the Ridley's Scott's Alien mostly.

but being that there is a lot of point and shooting involve in dead space, you cant help but get a sense of Cameron'esque action....