"Daylight" on Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 PM

Default "Daylight" on Blu-ray

Any rumors on when Stallone's "Daylight" will venture onto Blu-ray? I know it made it to HD DVD, but no Blu...
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM

Daylight will propably get a US release soon because it's being released in Germany the 3rd of february.

February sure is a good month for us Sly fans (in Europe atleast) with Cobra, Demolition Man and Daylight! Cobra is the one I'm waiting the most of the bunch it has a Nordic release in the 9th of February! Hope all these films will soon be released everywhere. But if you can't wait, you can import them - they're all region free (Daylight - Universal & Cobra//Demolition Man - Warner.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM

My guess is it will be released in Europe, Australia before the states. Universal has already released a long list of catalog titles that yet to me announced in the states.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 PM

I have the HD-DVD. Paid $3 for it.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I have the HD-DVD. Paid $3 for it.
Yep - I have it too on HD DVD. I'm wondering if I should update it to the BD? I guess the BD's PQ will be on par with the HD DVD (but excluding the SQ). It's a tough call for me since I have in principle not updated any HD DVD's except my Rambo 1-3 (so far that is). So do I need to update this too to get all Sly films on one format as the Rambos (couldn't get part 4 in HD DVD)? It's not only about money but I hate to update working stuff.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leterface View Post
Yep - I have it too on HD DVD. I'm wondering if I should update it to the BD? I guess the BD's PQ will be on par with the HD DVD (but excluding the SQ). It's a tough call for me since I have in principle not updated any HD DVD's except my Rambo 1-3 (so far that is). So do I need to update this too to get all Sly films on one format as the Rambos (couldn't get part 4 in HD DVD)? It's not only about money but I hate to update working stuff.
Nah, it will be an identical port. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...tem_id=1563218

Someone heard your wishes.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Nah, it will be an identical port. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Cept for that lossless sound.

And it's not always a direct port for the video. Scent of a Woman and countless others are not.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM

It's Universal which means it will not be an identical port of the HD DVD release, remember The Mummy or The Thing, they tend to add a little bit of DNR to the blu ray release just to smooth things over with people.

Hopefully i'm wrong and Universal have stopped this practice.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreakNYC View Post
Cept for that lossless sound.

And it's not always a direct port for the video. Scent of a Woman and countless others are not.
More placebo. Every single port has always had the same rating for sound regardless of lossy vs lossless. This will be no different.