'Lost in Translation' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2011, 05:28 PM

Default 'Lost in Translation' - High-Def Digest Review

Sofia Coppola's 'Lost in Translation' has hit Blu-ray, and El Bicho says it was worth the wait. With above average video, excellent audio, and extras seen on previous editions, this release is recommended, particularly for those who have not purchased the previously released HD DVD.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3283...anslation.html
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 PM

I really thought this movie received too much attention and hype. It is slow, boring, and gives the audience the middle finger with the scene at the end were Charlotte whispers in Bob's ear. I don't think it stands shoulder-to-shoulder with other 5 star movies.

I believe it only garnered attention because it has the name Coppola attached to it.

Mark
Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicelect View Post
I really thought this movie received too much attention and hype. It is slow, boring, and gives the audience the middle finger with the scene at the end were Charlotte whispers in Bob's ear. I don't think it stands shoulder-to-shoulder with other 5 star movies.

I believe it only garnered attention because it has the name Coppola attached to it.

Mark
Honestly I don't believe anything he said really mattered. I agree with you, besides the middle finger part, that doesn't bother me at all, the whole movie bothered me. I really didn't give a shit about these two characters. Old man falls in love with a young girl, give me a break.

But the cinematography is fantastic and seeing how this got good reviews hopefully Eternal Sunshine gets good reviews spec wise too.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:16 PM

The 2nd worst score on this site - the 1st being King Kong 2005 at 1.5 stars.

LIT is an absolute BORE.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM

I agree with the above three posts. I don't know what it was about this movie, it just did not capture me except for Scarlett, who I think is hot. Maybe I should watch it again, but there are so many other movies I need to see.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm a pretty big fan of the film. I probably wouldn't go so high as 5 star, but I highly enjoyed it.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM

I found this film to be quite a satisfying experience.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainArcher View Post
The 2nd worst score on this site - the 1st being King Kong 2005 at 1.5 stars.

LIT is an absolute BORE.

I agree. I pretty much knew before I even looked at the score that it would be extremely high, just because a lot of the reviewers on this site like shit like this. LIT is one of the most overrated movies of all time by far. I love Bill Murray, but this is not his best work by any means. Groundhog Day shits all over this movie in every single possible way.

5 stars, what a joke.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 PM

I thought the movie was brilliant. Besides if you want to know what he says at the end google is your friend. Its been decoded use sound equipment. Honestly dont bother thou.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 PM

This is one of my favorite films, and the HD-DVD, one of my favorite discs. This movie came out about 6 weeks before I moved to Japan, and for me, it was like a preview into what to expect.

But I love the movie even now, after seeing it at least a dozen times. The actors are so perfectly cast, and all the Japan-isms are spot on.

It's not Bill Murray's best role (that's Broken Flowers or Royal Tenenbaums) but it's pretty close.

Kevin Shield's soundtrack is perfect (and a long overdue treat for long-time fans of My Bloody Valentine)