'Megamind' is coming February 25 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 PM

Default 'Megamind' is coming February 25

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4283/megamind.html
Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Former Member

and the lack of a 3d announcement means it's probably locked to some samsung deal.

paramount has released ZERO blu-ray 3d titles outside of a store exclusive that is hardly 3d, and a few titles locked into the samsung bundles. really, REALLY fucking lame.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Yep, Samsung exclusive.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Former Member

well put a star next to my name on "gets mad as fuck at samsung for pulling this horseshit on the THIRD new release Paramount animated feature in a row" on my chart.

the fuck, man. the fuck. normally that sentence has some ?! near it, but it's now just a resigned sigh more than an exclamation. pathetic.

the reviews were harsh as shit, and i really dislike the casting and character designs. i think i can wait this one out until it's standard retail price on ebay. no need to spend 120, 150 on this one.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:57 PM

I hope Megamind 3D will replace the current Samsung exclusive (How To Train Your Dragon 3D). I keep wanting to buy the regular 2D because I enjoyed the movie and music - probably my 2nd favorite CG movie of last year, but I also keep telling myself to wait a little longer for the eventual 3D release.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo345 View Post
I hope Megamind 3D will replace the current Samsung exclusive (How To Train Your Dragon 3D). I keep wanting to buy the regular 2D because I enjoyed the movie and music - probably my 2nd favorite CG movie of last year, but I also keep telling myself to wait a little longer for the eventual 3D release.
That offer has been over for quite some time, the current exclusive is 'Shrek 1-4' with the offer for 4 ending this week. After that it will be packed in with 1-3 until Megamind promotional offer begins.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:44 PM

Eh doesn't make a difference to me if it's in 3d or not. I'm not digging 3d but I like the boxart. I haven't seen it but I heard interesting things so I'll definitely check it out.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
That offer has been over for quite some time, the current exclusive is 'Shrek 1-4' with the offer for 4 ending this week. After that it will be packed in with 1-3 until Megamind promotional offer begins.
That might be good news then. It's not much I know, but it could mean HTTYD 3D might be coming rather soon to retail stores. Coraline 3D and Alice In Wonderland 3D broke free from their exclusivity (I forgot when), and Coraline 3D goes on sale this week I think.

I haven't seen Megamind either, but I heard it shares a bit with Despicable Me in storyline (something about the misunderstood villain). I just missed seeing it in 3D in theaters. It only had 3 weeks before it was quickly replaced by Tangled 3D/Tron. The limited number of 3D projectors in some areas does seem to kick out movies a little too early imo.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
well put a star next to my name on "gets mad as fuck at samsung for pulling this horseshit on the THIRD new release Paramount animated feature in a row" on my chart.

the fuck, man. the fuck. normally that sentence has some ?! near it, but it's now just a resigned sigh more than an exclamation. pathetic.

the reviews were harsh as shit, and i really dislike the casting and character designs. i think i can wait this one out until it's standard retail price on ebay. no need to spend 120, 150 on this one.
I am right there with you p-b. Pisses me off as well. But honestly, I would much rather have Tangled over Megamind anyday,imo.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo345 View Post
That might be good news then. It's not much I know, but it could mean HTTYD 3D might be coming rather soon to retail stores. Coraline 3D and Alice In Wonderland 3D broke free from their exclusivity (I forgot when), and Coraline 3D goes on sale this week I think.

I haven't seen Megamind either, but I heard it shares a bit with Despicable Me in storyline (something about the misunderstood villain). I just missed seeing it in 3D in theaters. It only had 3 weeks before it was quickly replaced by Tangled 3D/Tron. The limited number of 3D projectors in some areas does seem to kick out movies a little too early imo.
Well those are different studios. Dreamworks hasn't even released Monsters vs Aliens (their first exclusive release) on retail Blu-ray 3D.