'Resident Evil: Afterlife' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM

Default 'Resident Evil: Afterlife' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate Boss has reviewed 'Resident Evil: Afterlife.' He says this is a mid-grade installment in the series. This Blu-ray doesn't disappoint however, with strong video, 5-star demo quality audio, and plenty of extras. Recommended for those who want the 2D edition of this movie.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4068...afterlife.html
Old 12-21-2010, 04:21 PM

"However, it's lame that, after throwing her kit off so casually in the first few films, Alice is constantly surrounded by more clothes than the prison is by zombies."

Great line, and true! I liked this movie, even though I'd completely forgotten about all those clones from the last one.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:28 PM

I was highly disappointed. I am hoping I like it more than I did when I watched it in 3D. It was super distracting.

And i have to say... this movie would be like, 40 minutes long if there were no slow-mo.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:48 PM

good review Nate. I enjoyed this for what it was. The first one is still the best but this is probably better than the other two sequels.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM

I'll have to rent this one. I actually like the first and third movies, and I agree that the second one was the worst. Also, I don't know if I'm in the minority or what, but I really didn't like RE: Degeneration very much. I thought it was extremely boring, like watching a collection of cutscenes from one of the games that doesn't exist. Can't say I'm looking forward to the next one of those.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:48 PM

i enjoyed this very much, already pre-ordered the steelbook version from futureshop. i actually saw this in 2D theaters and spotted a 3D defect near the end on the ship. there's a shot of Alice with that producer guy behind her and pointing a gun.. well his aiming and even eyesight were completely off. he was pointing and looking AHEAD of her. i figure that in the 3D version, Alice was popping out so the eyeline/aiming would match up but it was quite funny to see. lol
Old 12-21-2010, 07:29 PM

How the hell can this guy rate this movie higher than Apocalypse? Comparing this to Apocalypse is like comparing Battlefield Earth to Aliens, there is no way to do so. This movie was a crock of crap and the only thing positive out of it was the 3D, the fight with the Excutioner, and the score. Other than that, the plot, the acting, the characterization, were all down right dreadful. Hell, everything always came back to Alice, forcing her to always be the one to kill off a creature (as is the case with the Executioner, which should have been Claire's kill). Not to mention they took away her powers, which ruined the whole purpose of her battling Wesker. Oh yeah, and they turned Wesker into a coward. Lastly, ending the world in these movies is the worst thing they ever, as there is no way to get aroudn it now. They are trapped in a corner they cannot get out of. Well, at least it was an improvement over the dreadful third movie, but that is not saying much.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:04 PM

Never had the desire to see any of these movies. But I am a fan of A Perfect Circle
Old 12-21-2010, 10:36 PM

Perfect Circle does rock and there's only ONE song of theirs (a remix) in the film. It's the Tomandandy score that kicks some serious ass!

I enjoyed this film a lot and the score goes in my top 3 of the year.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:40 PM

Apocalypse is actually my second favorite in the series, it seemed to at least know it was bad, and not take itself so seriously, making it a lot more fun. Extinction and Afterlife are nearly as bad, but they try so hard to be serious movies that it kind of sucks the joy out.

With appropriate expectations based on the third movie I wasn't disappointed with this one, and the soundtrack was definitely very cool, but now that there are four of them I'll have a pretty hard time pulling this one off the shelf for another viewing when I would probably rather be watching the first or second films.