'Au revoir les enfants' & 'Yi Yi' are coming March 15 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-16-2010, 01:40 PM

Default 'Au revoir les enfants' & 'Yi Yi' are coming March 15

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4487/yiyi.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4488...esenfants.html
Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM

Although Yi Yi is one of my favorite movies, when Criterion announced this I was somewhat disappointed in that, if I were to get this, it would be the first Criterion double dip that did not include enhanced supplements, so far as I can tell. Still, good news for those who don't have this.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevirus View Post
Although Yi Yi is one of my favorite movies, when Criterion announced this I was somewhat disappointed in that, if I were to get this, it would be the first Criterion double dip that did not include enhanced supplements, so far as I can tell. Still, good news for those who don't have this.
It's not a double dip. It's just a Blu release of a previous DVD release. Seven Samurai and M are examples of double dips where Criterion released an initial DVD and then released a revised DVD years later.

That said Yi Yi on BR will be a triple dip for me as I have both the Criterion and non-Criterion DVD releases.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Default Yay

Au revoir les enfants was my FIRST foreign film I ever saw, that I knew of, in my Freshmen French class! I am preordering this now!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 AM

Yi Yi, have never seen it before until just recently.

The slower paced, largely character study that puts the focus on a family of four mainly the husband won't be for everyone but it has an overall easy to follow story that is well told, superb acting and dialog. I kindly urge those who normally wouldn't view this type of movie to at least rent it anyway, it might just pleasantly surprise you.

I've seen plenty movies of this type of nature where the drama was too over dramatic, or the humor was trying to be too hard, and or both. IMO, Yi Yi strikes that perfect balance bewteen drama and humor and gets it just right. Highly recommended.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Former Member

and it's on sale starting tuesday at B&N. hint hint, dear readers!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:01 PM

oh yeah, steam summer sale may have taken a nice chunk out of my movie spending budget, but I definitely still have enough left over to buy a title, or two, or several. Yi Yi as you may easily guess is on top of that list!