New Blu-Ray promo at Best Buy revealed some new titles that are apparently coming - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-05-2007, 11:22 PM

Default New Blu-Ray promo at Best Buy revealed some new titles that are apparently coming

Did anyone see the new promo video for blu-ray at Best Buy?? It showed footage of BATMAN BEGINS and CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. I waited until the end credits showed at the end of the spot and on the last credit screen, it read ''coming soon'' and underneath these titles were listed:

BATMAN BEGINS
CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
X-MEN
X-MEN UNITED

Anyone heard of anything regarding these titles?? I thought BATMAN BEGINS and FACTORY were HD DVD exclusives?? Maybe these are the total hd idea that Warner is trying to push.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I thought BATMAN BEGINS and FACTORY were HD DVD exclusives?? Maybe these are the total hd idea that Warner is trying to push.
nope. they never were exclusives.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
nope. they never were exclusives.
Forgive my lack of intel, but if these are not exclusives, why have we not seen these on blu-ray yet???
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

They are exclusives as they are not on the Blu-ray format.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Forgive my lack of intel, but if these are not exclusives, why have we not seen these on blu-ray yet???
The reason that the Blu-ray camp has not seen either Batman Begins or Charlie & the Chocolate Factory out on Blu-ray is that the Blu-ray player manufacturers are still trying to perfect the "in movie experience"/java features that show up on these two particular discs (along with other Warners discs such as Dukes of Hazzard and Harry Potter). Once it is solved, which is supposed to be soon, then we will see all the Warners discs with the IME feature released on Blu-ray.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valencia Joe View Post
The reason that the Blu-ray camp has not seen either Batman Begins or Charlie & the Chocolate Factory out on Blu-ray is that the Blu-ray player manufacturers are still trying to perfect the "in movie experience"/java features that show up on these two particular discs (along with other Warners discs such as Dukes of Hazzard and Harry Potter). Once it is solved, which is supposed to be soon, then we will see all the Warners discs with the IME feature released on Blu-ray.
Yes exactly, so they are exclusive in the sense that Blu-ray isn't ready yet.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
Yes exactly, so they are exclusive in the sense that Blu-ray isn't ready yet.
Yeah... I remember hearing some chatter about their ime not being ready. I thought I read somewhere that their was going to be some sort of deadline for the ime to be up and running by. What seems to be the difficulty with implementing the ime into the players??
Old 07-07-2007, 04:00 AM

The promo you're talking about has been playing on our Panasonic Blu-ray demo at the Circuit City where I work since the player came out last summer.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
The promo you're talking about has been playing on our Panasonic Blu-ray demo at the Circuit City where I work since the player came out last summer.
Oh.. I see. Never noticed the promo before.