'Blade Runner: The Final Cut' is coming January 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Default 'Blade Runner: The Final Cut' is coming January 4

Although apparently it's available now as a Best Buy exclusive:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4449...ner_final.html
Old 12-09-2010, 03:33 PM

I fail to see the point. The original release is so cheap now. What's the point of offering a single disc?

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I fail to see the point. The original release is so cheap now. What's the point of offering a single disc?
Seconded (Hugs HD-DVD Copy)...
Old 12-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Former Member

they may discontinue the 5 discer. shelf space. $$$. lower cost to make 1 disc, than 5, similar sale prices.

this also puts us in line with most european countries that got smaller editions, mostly just the final cut as is the case here.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
they may discontinue the 5 discer. shelf space. $$$. lower cost to make 1 disc, than 5, similar sale prices.

this also puts us in line with most european countries that got smaller editions, mostly just the final cut as is the case here.
The 5-Disc had been streamlined into a new Single Size Case. I mean, I understand from cost perspective. However, I can't seem them not making a decent chunk of change from the set.

This might force my hand to go pick up the BD set. I have the HD DVD but I would like to have the BD set. I like the new streamlined Single Disc Case. I wonder if I can find it for $14.99 again?

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:34 PM

It's rather interesting that this movie failed to score at the box office but has become such a hit on Home Video that people are willing to buy five different versions of it in one set. What other film has ever been treated this way?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM

Highlander 2, lol

Maybe not multiple versions in one set, but somebody keeps buying that motherfucker!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
The 5-Disc had been streamlined into a new Single Size Case. I mean, I understand from cost perspective. However, I can't seem them not making a decent chunk of change from the set.

This might force my hand to go pick up the BD set. I have the HD DVD but I would like to have the BD set. I like the new streamlined Single Disc Case. I wonder if I can find it for $14.99 again?
Don't forget that the supplements in the 5 disc set are DVD's, which of course will play in your BD player so my thinking is, if (when) my HD DVD player finally tanks, I could probably just pick up this single disc as a replacement, if the set is out of print and unavailable.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSquared View Post
Don't forget that the supplements in the 5 disc set are DVD's, which of course will play in your BD player so my thinking is, if (when) my HD DVD player finally tanks, I could probably just pick up this single disc as a replacement, if the set is out of print and unavailable.
And miss out on all the other versions?!? That's silly.

I'm waiting for them to upgrade this whole thing. The extras were all supposed to be HD but they didn't have time to master them.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidw View Post
It's rather interesting that this movie failed to score at the box office but has become such a hit on Home Video that people are willing to buy five different versions of it in one set. What other film has ever been treated this way?
Indeed. I have the HD DVD set, and was considering grabbing the Blu set if it was ever cheap enough on sale.