Blockbuster Changes In-Store Pricing – Adds New Movies to Kiosks - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-09-2010, 11:51 AM
HDD Contributor

Default Blockbuster Changes In-Store Pricing – Adds New Movies to Kiosks

The tiered pricing is confusing at best, but where else are you going to go for new Blu-rays? New Blu-rays in kiosks though - that's something we can get behind.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blo...-pricing-21294
Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 PM

I recently signed up for Blockbuster by mail again after dropping Netflix. I commend Blockbuster for not bowing to the studios and continuing to offer new releases on day-and-date. It would be nice to have more kiosks since just about all of the brick-and-mortars have closed in my area. With the monthly subscription the in-store pricing is a mute point.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Red face

So let’s see here, normal BB stores failed with this price point because, well let’s face it. $2.99 for one day is a joke. Then they have the old late fees making a return, or as they now call them 1.00 for each extra night now. This proved to be no match for Netflix in the past and will fail this time around as well. I don't even go to BB anymore, so guess what BB, i have no idea when new movies are out, so i just add a movie to my Netflix que and wait, if it takes longer i just don't care enough about the movie to spend 2.99 + gas and possible late fees. I didn't care enough to do that when you had the same price point for non-kiosk. Then i could understand, you had overhead to pay. A kiosk does not require a paycheck and works 24/7. Yet you still feel the need to jack up prices on people, you seemed doomed to repeat you past failures BB, goodbye, i won't ever look back at you.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM

Local Blockbusters have rent one get one free on Wednesdays here and prepay $25 credit for $20, so each Blu-ray rental is $2 if I rent 2 on Wednesday and that is good enough to get my business. If ever I have to start paying $5 for a single Blu-ray rental, I won't rent it. That is a 2-day rental for new releases and 5-day rental for the older releases.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:41 AM

I've forgotten all about BB. Last time I went there it was to buy a Nintendo Points card.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:53 AM

I have their unlimited two out at a time game and movie pass with no late fees. It's only $34.99 a month and I live about 3 miles from the BB so it's a good deal for me.