High-Def Digest's Nate Boss Shares His Blu-ray Predictions for 2011 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-07-2010, 07:19 PM

Default High-Def Digest's Nate Boss Shares His Blu-ray Predictions for 2011

High-Def Digest's Nate Boss Shares His Blu-ray Predictions for 2011:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh..._for_2011/5958
Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM

What about the rest of the bond movies that they didn't release? will we ever get those? and where in the hell are the blade movies
Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Former Member

nostra-dumb-ass doesn't foresee any 007 titles not already on Blu-ray in 2011. this is in part due to the cost of giving them the proper treatment, like the rest of the catalog titles got, as well as the fact that it doesn't take a crystal (meth) ball to see that MGM doesn't know what the bloody hell they're doing.

i would put even money on another studio releasing them through MGM, you know, when they get bought out, before we actually see the awesomeness known as GOLDENEYE on . even then, i bet they do it through a new collection or gimmick, and we see a mix of already released titles along with the ones we don't already have. i want them as much as anyone (well, maybe not as much as Josh Z), so i hate to even say that.

Blade 1-3 (with no series or house of cthon) have been rumored in the past, usually a few months before halloween, but two times now these rumors and rumblings have been proven false. there is the canadian releases (with the wrong ratio on Blade) or the dutch versions to get fans by until we get ones that may even have full supplement packages and a proper restore. i wonder if NL/WB no longer feel they can get a Wesley Snipes film, let alone a series, to sell.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:22 PM

John Cusack! Jon Cooze-act? Jonathan Edgar Cuzack.

I vote for Diamonds are Forever. Vertigo would be nice though. Rear Window and maybe Rebel Without a Cause would be better.

Nice write-up, good read yo.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Former Member

Steve McQueen hasn't had a Blu-ray release in a while. I don't foresee Criterion reissuing THE BLOB on BD any time soon, though.

John Cusack!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:31 PM

I couldn't agree more about John Cusack, so underrated, but I like it that way.

I couldn't disagree more about Best Buy...I don't know what store you've gone into that has their blu-rays in the back, but every store I'm near within a 20 mile radius has them front and center when you walk in.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:33 PM

Drop that zero and get with the hero.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Steve McQueen hasn't had a Blu-ray release in a while. I don't foresee Criterion reissuing THE BLOB on BD any time soon, though.

John Cusack!
I know, I have to talk to my peeps over at stevemcqueenonline about that. They handle all my business now, like Howard Hughes and the mormons. I like my Blob's on DVD, I guess.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 PM

I actually would buy some of those crappy titles for under $10 at least (Charlie's Angels sequel, Richie Rich and Wild Wild West)
Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
I actually would buy some of those crappy titles for under $10 at least (Charlie's Angels sequel, Richie Rich and Wild Wild West)
Richie Rich? really? damn....just damn....

i'd buy some of the crap titles, too, no doubt. but that doesn't mean they ain't crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead4 View Post
I couldn't agree more about John Cusack, so underrated, but I like it that way.
respect.

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more about Best Buy...I don't know what store you've gone into that has their blu-rays in the back, but every store I'm near within a 20 mile radius has them front and center when you walk in.
http://stores.bestbuy.com/856/

i don't mind revealing what city i live in. fuck it, most people already know anyways due to how many trades i've done here.

no store within an hour and a half of this one, and they put the bd's at the very back. not exaggeration. USED to be front and center, one of the first things you'd see. now you get bombarded by phone accessories and digital reading devices, and have to adventure to find movies.

most stores of this nature have a formula, so i'm sure there are many others like i'm talking about.