'Vampires Suck' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Default 'Vampires Suck' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Vampires Suck.' He says this spoof sucks too. This Blu-ray has one ongoing video problem and unimpressive audio and extras. This is a rental at best, or just skip it.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3884/vampiressuck.html
Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 PM

I endured this in the theaters and still have to see a therapist about it.

This runs a very close second to 'Last Airbender' for worst film of 2010.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 12-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
I endured this in the theaters and still have to see a therapist about it.

This runs a very close second to 'Last Airbender' for worst film of 2010.
*gasp* I'm not talking to you.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 PM

Bah. It has it's moments and it wasn't as immature as many of these spoofs i've seen.
I wouldn't pay any more than a rental fee for it but it was nice to see someone take on the Twilight films.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewizguy View Post
*gasp* I'm not talking to you.
The only reason why it comes in second is I had no expectations for 'Vampires Suck.' I knew it would suck. On the other hand I had relatively high expectations for 'Last Airbender' and they were crushed and trampled on.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 12-07-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
The only reason why it comes in second is I had no expectations for 'Vampires Suck.' I knew it would suck. On the other hand I had relatively high expectations for 'Last Airbender' and they were crushed and trampled on.
Fair enough.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:39 AM

I know we don't respect her as an author, but maybe it would be nice to spell Stephenie Meyer's name correctly?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:51 AM

I have to admit I was pretty impressed by your reaction to Stephenie Meyers in your Vampires Suck review. I'm sorry, but I have to ask - have you really not been paying attention lately? Vampires have been so over used, abused, denigrated, mangled and misused for so long that Stephenie Meyers hardly did anything to damage vampires. People have been "reinventing" vampires since the first vampire tale was told. Honestly, there is very little interesting going on in vampire fiction of any kind, any where. That's why so many vampire properties have to include things like werewolves. Vampires have sucked for a long time, and Stephenie Meyers had nothing to do with it. They're boring and tired. Blame over exposure for ruining vampires, not some schmaltzy teen angst-romance writer. Vampires sucked long before her.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Forever Knight FTW!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chett View Post
I have to admit I was pretty impressed by your reaction to Stephenie Meyers in your Vampires Suck review. I'm sorry, but I have to ask - have you really not been paying attention lately? Vampires have been so over used, abused, denigrated, mangled and misused for so long that Stephenie Meyers hardly did anything to damage vampires. People have been "reinventing" vampires since the first vampire tale was told. Honestly, there is very little interesting going on in vampire fiction of any kind, any where. That's why so many vampire properties have to include things like werewolves. Vampires have sucked for a long time, and Stephenie Meyers had nothing to do with it. They're boring and tired. Blame over exposure for ruining vampires, not some schmaltzy teen angst-romance writer. Vampires sucked long before her.
Perhaps, but she definitely had a hand in making them even suckier. I mean sparkly? WTF? Did she throw a dart in her room and hit a My Little Pony? Why not give them a flowing mane of pink hair and curlers?