'Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
PeterB

Default 'Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City' -- pre-release buzz

Another new music announcement from Sony BMG:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...e_Matthews/744

Looks to be a great release, with 27 tracks, uncompressed PCM 5.1 audio and extras including a new 46-minute doc.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:42 PM

dang im so over jealous really sweet that there coming out with this but i think they should of done red rocks in colorado instead
Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned

Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen the band 32 times, I can't WAIT to see Dave and Tim play in 1080p with lossless 5.1 PCM. Really incredibly exciting news.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen the band 32 times, I can't WAIT to see Dave and Tim play in 1080p with lossless 5.1 PCM. Really incredibly exciting news.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:39 AM

First Time I will actually say that I will NOT be happy that I can't get this one!!! DAMN, only took me over a year to say "I wish I had blu-ray " if only for this title...

There's a first time for everything.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_ME View Post
First Time I will actually say that I will NOT be happy that I can't get this one!!! DAMN, only took me over a year to say "I wish I had blu-ray " if only for this title...

There's a first time for everything.
Agreed. I really thought they would come out with Central Park for dMb first since that looks stunning on HD Net, but this disc/show should be phenomenal. Very little hope for an import either because dMb isnt very big overseas, and at any rate I doubt there would be any company that could release this on HD with the rights belonging to BMG. Truly the first I wish I had Blu-Ray for this one.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 PM

this site and blu-ray.com list the audio as 5.1 uncompressed PCM, but other sites like ign and soundandvisionmag list the audio as TrueHD. which is it?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:22 PM

Default The press release says Dolby TrueHD 96/24

DAVE MATTHEWS & TIM REYNOLDS’
LIVE AT RADIO CITY SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST RELEASE
ON CD, DVD AND BLU-RAY DISC

Live At Radio City Marks The Pair’s First Release Since 1999’s
Multi-Platinum Live At Luther College And RCA’s First-Ever Blu-ray Disc Release

On April 22, 2007, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds wrapped up a three-city theatre tour with a transcendent performance at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall. Tickets were scarce but soon fans everywhere will be able to experience this special show with the ATO Records/RCA release Live At Radio City. The concert will be released on CD and DVD on August 14th and on Blu-ray Disc on August 28th. Live At Radio City, which marks RCA’s first Blu-ray Disc release, will be a two-disc set in each configuration. It will be available in all three formats at the usual music outlets. In addition, the CD will be carried by Starbucks Company-operated locations in the U.S. and Canada. Beginning today, fans can pre-order Live At Radio City at davematthewsband.com and receive a special bonus CD of live songs from the pair’s 2007 European tour.

Live At Radio City is the first Matthews/Reynolds release since 1999’s multi-Platinum, double-CD Live At Luther College and is the pair’s first-ever DVD and Blu-ray Disc release. Filmed entirely in high definition and mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound, it will feature two-and-a-half hours of music – all 26 songs they performed at Radio City, including numerous ones that the pair has never before recorded together such as “Crush,” “Don’t Drink The Water,” “Gravedigger” and many more. The Blu-ray Disc features a master quality Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround Sound mix in full 96 kHz/24 bit audio.

In this intimate, acoustic performance, Matthews proves to be a masterful storyteller, spinning evocative tales between songs with unequivocal candor and ease. Reynolds, hailed as an “underrated master” by allmusic.com, shines on guitar throughout and performs two of his own compositions. In addition to their respective solo material and assorted Dave Matthews Band songs (including the heretofore unreleased “Corn Bread”), the two cover Neil Young’s “Down by the River” and Daniel Lanois’ “The Maker” and “Still Water.” (See below for full set list, which applies to all three configurations.)

The DVD and Blu-ray Disc of Live At Radio City will also include a photo gallery featuring photos from the show and the musicians’ archives, and “So Damn Lucky,” a 46-minute documentary with live and behind-the-scenes footage of the Radio City concert and interviews with Matthews and Reynolds.

Dave Matthews Band will launch an extensive U.S. tour beginning August 1st; click below for a complete list of tour dates:

Live at Radio City – Set List

Bartender
When the World Ends
Stay or Leave
Save Me
Crush
So Damn Lucky
Gravedigger
The Maker
Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back)
Eh hee
Betrayal
Out of My Hands
Still Water
Don't Drink the Water
Oh
Corn Bread
Crash Into Me
Down by the River
You Are My Sanity
Sister
Lie in Our Graves
Some Devil
Grace Is Gone
Dancing Nancies
Two Step
Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary View Post
DAVE MATTHEWS & TIM REYNOLDS’
LIVE AT RADIO CITY SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST RELEASE
ON CD, DVD AND BLU-RAY DISC

Live At Radio City Marks The Pair’s First Release Since 1999’s
Multi-Platinum Live At Luther College And RCA’s First-Ever Blu-ray Disc Release

On April 22, 2007, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds wrapped up a three-city theatre tour with a transcendent performance at New York City’s Radio City Music Hall. Tickets were scarce but soon fans everywhere will be able to experience this special show with the ATO Records/RCA release Live At Radio City. The concert will be released on CD and DVD on August 14th and on Blu-ray Disc on August 28th. Live At Radio City, which marks RCA’s first Blu-ray Disc release, will be a two-disc set in each configuration. It will be available in all three formats at the usual music outlets. In addition, the CD will be carried by Starbucks Company-operated locations in the U.S. and Canada. Beginning today, fans can pre-order Live At Radio City at davematthewsband.com and receive a special bonus CD of live songs from the pair’s 2007 European tour.

Live At Radio City is the first Matthews/Reynolds release since 1999’s multi-Platinum, double-CD Live At Luther College and is the pair’s first-ever DVD and Blu-ray Disc release. Filmed entirely in high definition and mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound, it will feature two-and-a-half hours of music – all 26 songs they performed at Radio City, including numerous ones that the pair has never before recorded together such as “Crush,” “Don’t Drink The Water,” “Gravedigger” and many more. The Blu-ray Disc features a master quality Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround Sound mix in full 96 kHz/24 bit audio.

In this intimate, acoustic performance, Matthews proves to be a masterful storyteller, spinning evocative tales between songs with unequivocal candor and ease. Reynolds, hailed as an “underrated master” by allmusic.com, shines on guitar throughout and performs two of his own compositions. In addition to their respective solo material and assorted Dave Matthews Band songs (including the heretofore unreleased “Corn Bread”), the two cover Neil Young’s “Down by the River” and Daniel Lanois’ “The Maker” and “Still Water.” (See below for full set list, which applies to all three configurations.)

The DVD and Blu-ray Disc of Live At Radio City will also include a photo gallery featuring photos from the show and the musicians’ archives, and “So Damn Lucky,” a 46-minute documentary with live and behind-the-scenes footage of the Radio City concert and interviews with Matthews and Reynolds.

Dave Matthews Band will launch an extensive U.S. tour beginning August 1st; click below for a complete list of tour dates:

Live at Radio City – Set List

Bartender
When the World Ends
Stay or Leave
Save Me
Crush
So Damn Lucky
Gravedigger
The Maker
Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back)
Eh hee
Betrayal
Out of My Hands
Still Water
Don't Drink the Water
Oh
Corn Bread
Crash Into Me
Down by the River
You Are My Sanity
Sister
Lie in Our Graves
Some Devil
Grace Is Gone
Dancing Nancies
Two Step
thanks! looks like highdefdigest and blu-ray.com need to correct their audio specs for this one...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 PM

Default I got a little more info for you today...

The video encoding is VC1, which is typical for Sony BMG releases. The audio is slightly more interesting - the PCM tracks are 48kHz/24 bit, but the TrueHD are 96kHz/24 bit. It seems like the original master would be the same for both, but I'm sure that a few talented dogs with "golden ears" will be able to discern the difference. And finally, it's a 2 disc set - one 50G, the other 25G - I assume the lower capacity disc is used for the extras. It all sounds like a promising release.