'The Last Airbender (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-02-2010, 05:34 PM

Default 'The Last Airbender (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed M. Night Shyamalan's latest disaster, 'The Last Airbender.' This film is an utter mess, which is a shame since the video and audio on this Blu-ray are amazing, and the extras are plentiful. Bad Flick, Good Disc.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4042...der_combo.html
Old 12-02-2010, 05:39 PM

better than i expected but it's just ok. i thought it had good sound for the year it came out in.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Worst movie of 2010.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Worst movie of 2010.
Amen.

I'm usually pretty forgiving of not-great acting but the kids in this were completely awful, with the adults not being much better. The dude playing Sokka had one expression through the whole thing. The only person that did a decent job I thought was the Uncle.

And the kid playing Aan... well, he just annoyed me. Wanted to punch him in his little face.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM

I honestly enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Is it a good movie? No. Not a chance. I'd forgive the holes in the plot if the acting and writing were up to snuff, but those two things really brought this movie down. Noah Ringer(Aang), has potential but he could really benefit from some acting lessons. He's only 13, so he's definitely got time to improve. I really don't hate this movie, but it was definitely a very missed opportunity.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM

I enjoyed it and I got the Blu but I also have all the boxsets on DVD so Im a big fan
Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 AM

I don't know if the review was trying to imply that the movie is appealing to fans of the series but not for those who don't know the show, but I don't think thats the case. As I understand it, fans of the cartoon hate this movie more than anybody else. I've never seen the show myself, but I know some of them. Plus there was a hilarious video on youtube interviewing fans coming out of the film and ripping it to shreads, but I think it got taken down or something.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 AM

Not necessarily. It's more like the story is easier to follow for those who know the storyline. But those who've never watched an episode, like myself, will find the delivery of exposition as idiotic because characters are forced to explain things in a single line as if normal conversation.

I know there are many haters out there, but there are also many fans of the series who also enjoy the movie, such as Master X.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 12-03-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Worst movie of 2010.
Nope, Knight and Day gets that honour for me.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 AM

I am a big fan of the cartoon but this film is terrible. I didnt have high hope after seeing the trailers so I wasn't surprise.
The kid playing Ang was terrible and annoying.
Bad casting for nearly every role.
booooooooo!!!