Horror Titles Coming From Starz (anchor Bay) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-05-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Horror Titles Coming From Starz (anchor Bay)

http://www.dvdreview.com/news/

Some more details about the Starz Blu-Ray titles

As reported here some time ago, Starz Home Entertainment and their label Anchor Bay Entertainment will release the first season of Masters Of Horror on Blu-Ray Disc in September. We have been able to uncover some more details about the release that you will find interesting.
The release will consist of four BD-50 discs containing all the 15 season 1 episodes in 1080p high definition video. Currently plans are to provide uncompressed PCM 5.1 audio tracks with the release but that may change, depending on the storage availability on the final discs. The set will also contain some – though not all – of the bonus materials found on the individual DVD releases of the episodes.
In addition to “Masters Of Horror” we have heard mention of another number of Blu-Ray titles from Anchor Bay, scheduled for Halloween. Look out for announcements of John Carpenter’s Halloween, Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead II and George A. Romero’s Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead to be released on Blu-Ray some time in September or early October.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
http://www.dvdreview.com/news/
In addition to “Masters Of Horror” we have heard mention of another number of Blu-Ray titles from Anchor Bay, scheduled for Halloween. Look out for announcements of John Carpenter’s Halloween, Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead II and George A. Romero’s Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead to be released on Blu-Ray some time in September or early October.
Great news, I'm probably going to buy everything Anchor Bay releases and can't wait for titles like these. The lack of good horror and science fiction movies has been the one downside for me with Blu-ray.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:08 PM

The Anchor bay Standard DVD of Dawn of the Dead is a great transfer. I could only imagine how great it would be on BLU RAY. I'm getting the HD DVD of the remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD and having the original would be awesome.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:27 PM

Halloween
Evil Dead II
Dawn Of The Dead
Day Of The Dead

and the complete S1 of Masters of Horror? With full, glorious PCM? By the end of October? Suuuuuhweeeeet.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Good i wanted to buy the first season of Masters of horror, but i have been waiting to see if it would be on blu-ray. Also i will be picking up the rest of the horror titles. I can't pass up Evil Dead or Halloween.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:46 PM

I will wait for reviews to come in saying that the transfers are beyond standard DVD. But if all comes back well, then I definitely will not pass up on Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, and the Evil Dead series. Also, I wish the Masters of Horror discs came sold seperately. Together they are gonna cost an arm and a leg and I only liked 2 episodes. (Cigarette Burns and Jenifer)
Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Me neither!

My pick of the crop being Halloween and Dawn Of The Dead! I think that's all i want from Anchor Bay! Not too bothered about that Masters of Horror stuff, having never watched it. Haha how great is that?! Both of the Anchor Bay titles i want, coming out first and both together!

I'm not a big movie collector, just get films I know I'll wtch over and over.

Last edited by XanderAE; 07-05-2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: removing of title
Old 07-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post
I will wait for reviews to come in saying that the transfers are beyond standard DVD. But if all comes back well, then I definitely will not pass up on Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, and the Evil Dead series. Also, I wish the Masters of Horror discs came sold seperately. Together they are gonna cost an arm and a leg and I only liked 2 episodes. (Cigarette Burns and Jenifer)

Dawn of the Dead should look good in High Def, due to it already being re-mastered in high definition. If they sold the Masters of Horror discs separately, people would mainly just buy John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns. I like horror flicks just as much as the next guy, but I was really, really disappointed with The Masters of Horror movies.
First off, how can they call it Masters of Horror when they don't even have Wes Craven, George Romero, Steve Miner, Sam Raimi, Alexandre Aja, Renny Harlin, or Victor Salva directing anything? Season 2 has a lot of the same directors coming back to do another 1 hour movie. Really though, I think they should switch some up with some of the guys I listed above so that it would reach a wider audience for fans of more different horror film makers.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Dawn of the Dead should look good in High Def, due to it already being re-mastered in high definition. If they sold the Masters of Horror discs separately, people would mainly just buy John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns. I like horror flicks just as much as the next guy, but I was really, really disappointed with The Masters of Horror movies.
First off, how can they call it Masters of Horror when they don't even have Wes Craven, George Romero, Steve Miner, Sam Raimi, Alexandre Aja, Renny Harlin, or Victor Salva directing anything? Season 2 has a lot of the same directors coming back to do another 1 hour movie. Really though, I think they should switch some up with some of the guys I listed above so that it would reach a wider audience for fans of more different horror film makers.
I was really disappointed with the Masters of Horror series as well. Like I said, I only liked John Carpenter's and Dario Argento's films from season 1 and I saw almost all of season 1. I skipped Imprint.

As far as having other directors, I think some were asked (wes?) and they either denied or didn't have the time. Although that is just something I read on a message board. I could search around for more hard proof if I don't get too lazy heh.

And as for Renny Harlin, bleh!! Did you see A Nightmare on Elm Street 4?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM

A quick search on Yahoo found this about Wes' involvement (or lack thereof) in Masters of Horror.

Quote:
Craven explained that with “Red Eye” and other commitments, he was unable to be a part of “Masters of Horror” but he admires the series and hopes to do something for it soon.
http://movies.about.com/od/cursed/a/wescraven021506.htm