Blockbuster blu-ray selection - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:01 PM
renspacecom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 294
Talking Blockbuster blu-ray selection

Just a quick post:

My friend who manages one of the test stores for Blockbuster let me know that next week when they do the roll out,they will be adding 3 bays of blu-ray catalog titles on top of the 2 existing bays on the new release wall.Giving a nice selection of catalog choices and increasing the depth on recent new releases and day/date releases.

This is good news as i like to return my online rentals in store for a free one.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 602
Default

Is there any way to find a store that is going to be carrying blu-ray in-store?

i would like to do the same think you are doing, but the store around the corner from me isnt going to get blu-ray and half the employees have never even heard of it. one guy who had told me that "NO ONE" has a high-definition player because they are too expensive and I would be the only one renting blu-ray movies if they carried them....IDIOT.

I live in Raleigh NC which is a fairly big city so I am sure atleast ONE blockbuster should be carrying blu-ray.... I just need to find that store!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 208
Default

I live in a town of about 20,000 here in Illinois. They are going to be going with blu ray next week. I will be going in today and will report back what the manager has to say about content and numbers of discs offered.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 PM
mischa316's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 966
Smile

I went in my local Blockbuster yesterday and they have the Blu ray's in already. They still have not recieved them in yet so I was not able to see all of them that they have. I think they had about 3-5 Boxes of them!! Once they get them put out which will be by New Release Tuesday I will take a pic of them and upload them here!! I live in FL so I know the one I usually go to will be carrying them!! I'm not sure about the other one's in my area there are 8 stores in 16 miles I know one of them is one of the combo stores with HD & Blu Ray. The other 6 I dont know about.
Mischa.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8
Default Local Rentals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsef3 View Post
Is there any way to find a store that is going to be carrying blu-ray in-store?

i would like to do the same think you are doing, but the store around the corner from me isnt going to get blu-ray and half the employees have never even heard of it. one guy who had told me that "NO ONE" has a high-definition player because they are too expensive and I would be the only one renting blu-ray movies if they carried them....IDIOT.

I live in Raleigh NC which is a fairly big city so I am sure atleast ONE blockbuster should be carrying blu-ray.... I just need to find that store!

Is it possible to find out which stores will be renting these in house? I stopped by my local Blockbuster and they said they knew nothing about the announcment of stocking Blu-rays. One employee made the comment that he wished they would but did not think it would happen any time soon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
mischa316's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 966
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2dskins View Post
Is it possible to find out which stores will be renting these in house? I stopped by my local Blockbuster and they said they knew nothing about the announcment of stocking Blu-rays. One employee made the comment that he wished they would but did not think it would happen any time soon.
Go into Blockbuster.com and click on store locator. then just give your local one's a call to see if they will be getting them!!
Mischa.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-2007, 03:19 PM
mischa316's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 966
Smile Here is a list of the titles my Blockbuster got!!

The Departed, punisher, goodfellas, resevior dogs, the fountain, pirates of the caribean 1&2, the prestige, resident evil apocalypse, kiss kiss bang bang, first blood, rocky balboa, happy feet, running with scissors, lady in the water, phantom of the opera, letters from iwo jima, ant bully, reign of fire, the last samurai, pearl harbor, persuit of happyness, planet of the apes, rocky, phonebooth, full metal jacket, swat, silent hill, rv, species, stealth, sahara, saw, saw ii, stargate, sky captain and the world of tomorrow, sleepy hollow, saw, seven years in tibet, secret window, speed, spy kids, stranger than fiction, stir of echos, stomp the yard, the sentinel, superman returns, flags of our fathers, hellboy, hustle & flow, gone in 60 seconds, identity, finding neverland, the holiday, hoosiers, the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, ice age meltdown, 4 brothers, haunted mansion, flight of the phoenix, fly boys, gridiron gang, house of flying daggers, hitch flightplan, ghost rider, the guardian, happily n' ever after, harts war, fifth element, the great raid, glory road, dinosaur, dark water, crash, fantastic 4, click, aeon flux, crank, eight below, covenant, devils rejects, enemy of the state, dreamgirls, eragon, employee of the month, the descent, the devil wears prada, daddys little girls, dirty dancing, courage under fire, failure to launch, curse of the golden flower, deja vu, donnie brasco, closer, brothers grimm, basic instinct, apocalypto, chicken little, chicago, annapolis, cassanova, american psycho, black hawk down, benchwarmers, catch & release, 50 first date4s, casino royale 007, big fish, avp, chain reaction, broken arrow, bulletproof monk, babel, behind enemy lines, all the kings men, blood & chocolate, blood diamond, volver, the transporter, the wild, we were soldiers, transporter 2, windtalkers, ultra violet, world trade center, tailor of panama, the terminator, terminator 2 judgement da y, vertical limit, xiii the last stand, talladega nights, tears of the sun, warriors of h eaven & earth, underworld evolution, xxx, training day, young guns, total recall, mission impossible, mission impossible 2, norbit, the italian job, tomb raider, nacho libre, layer cake, monster house, the marine, the manchurian candidate, the league of extraordinary gentlemen, kiss of the dragon, the omen, kung fu hustle, a knights tale, payback, men of honor, kingdom of heaven, open season, memento, mission impossible 3, jay & silent bob strike back, lord of war, king arthur, ladder 49, into the blue.

7 BOXES WORTH!!

When they put them out I will take a pic of all of them!! They were still in the boxes now!!
Mischa.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
renspacecom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa316 View Post
The Departed, punisher, goodfellas, resevior dogs, the fountain, pirates of the caribean 1&2, the prestige, resident evil apocalypse, kiss kiss bang bang, first blood, rocky balboa, happy feet, running with scissors, lady in the water, phantom of the opera, letters from iwo jima, ant bully, reign of fire, the last samurai, pearl harbor, persuit of happyness, planet of the apes, rocky, phonebooth, full metal jacket, swat, silent hill, rv, species, stealth, sahara, saw, saw ii, stargate, sky captain and the world of tomorrow, sleepy hollow, saw, seven years in tibet, secret window, speed, spy kids, stranger than fiction, stir of echos, stomp the yard, the sentinel, superman returns, flags of our fathers, hellboy, hustle & flow, gone in 60 seconds, identity, finding neverland, the holiday, hoosiers, the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, ice age meltdown, 4 brothers, haunted mansion, flight of the phoenix, fly boys, gridiron gang, house of flying daggers, hitch flightplan, ghost rider, the guardian, happily n' ever after, harts war, fifth element, the great raid, glory road, dinosaur, dark water, crash, fantastic 4, click, aeon flux, crank, eight below, covenant, devils rejects, enemy of the state, dreamgirls, eragon, employee of the month, the descent, the devil wears prada, daddys little girls, dirty dancing, courage under fire, failure to launch, curse of the golden flower, deja vu, donnie brasco, closer, brothers grimm, basic instinct, apocalypto, chicken little, chicago, annapolis, cassanova, american psycho, black hawk down, benchwarmers, catch & release, 50 first date4s, casino royale 007, big fish, avp, chain reaction, broken arrow, bulletproof monk, babel, behind enemy lines, all the kings men, blood & chocolate, blood diamond, volver, the transporter, the wild, we were soldiers, transporter 2, windtalkers, ultra violet, world trade center, tailor of panama, the terminator, terminator 2 judgement da y, vertical limit, xiii the last stand, talladega nights, tears of the sun, warriors of h eaven & earth, underworld evolution, xxx, training day, young guns, total recall, mission impossible, mission impossible 2, norbit, the italian job, tomb raider, nacho libre, layer cake, monster house, the marine, the manchurian candidate, the league of extraordinary gentlemen, kiss of the dragon, the omen, kung fu hustle, a knights tale, payback, men of honor, kingdom of heaven, open season, memento, mission impossible 3, jay & silent bob strike back, lord of war, king arthur, ladder 49, into the blue.

7 BOXES WORTH!!

When they put them out I will take a pic of all of them!! They were still in the boxes now!!
Mischa.

Nice,very nice!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8
Default blu-ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2dskins View Post
Is it possible to find out which stores will be renting these in house? I stopped by my local Blockbuster and they said they knew nothing about the announcment of stocking Blu-rays. One employee made the comment that he wished they would but did not think it would happen any time soon.

When I ran from work today to pick up some lunch I thought I would stop by the Block Buster Video on the opposite side of town where I live. I went and and ask a clerk what she could tell me about them possibly stocking Blu-ray disc's for rent. I was very happy when she said we will have some starting tommorow. As I was getting ready to leave a man at the end of the counter ask if I owned a Blu-ray player and I stated that I did and he informed the clerk that she could start renting these immediatly. Needless to say I rented several I have not seen. I beagn talking to this gentlemen and he informed that the Block Buster next to my house will also start stocking them starting tommorow. It was nice speaking to someone who knew what they were talking about. I assume he was a regional manager or something along those lines. He went on to say that he did not know who would win the format war and was waiting himself to to commit until one format was a clear winner.

Just thought I would share the news.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:46 PM
mischa316's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 966
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2dskins View Post
When I ran from work today to pick up some lunch I thought I would stop by the Block Buster Video on the opposite side of town where I live. I went and and ask a clerk what she could tell me about them possibly stocking Blu-ray disc's for rent. I was very happy when she said we will have some starting tommorow. As I was getting ready to leave a man at the end of the counter ask if I owned a Blu-ray player and I stated that I did and he informed the clerk that she could start renting these immediatly. Needless to say I rented several I have not seen. I beagn talking to this gentlemen and he informed that the Block Buster next to my house will also start stocking them starting tommorow. It was nice speaking to someone who knew what they were talking about. I assume he was a regional manager or something along those lines. He went on to say that he did not know who would win the format war and was waiting himself to to commit until one format was a clear winner.

Just thought I would share the news.
I actually took 3 out of my Netflix Queue since my local Blockbuster got them in. Plus if I rent them from Sun-Thu I will get the non new release for free!! What one's did you rent? As you can see mine got alot in which is awesome. I think I will still keep the new release in my Netflix Queue so I know I will get them on the Tuesday they are released.
Mischa.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Netflix - How's the Blu-ray Selection? cre8sbeats Blu-ray Software General Discussion 4 09-19-2009 12:32 AM
Blockbuster and Samsung Partner to Offer Blockbuster On Demand Attebery Home Theater Gear 2 07-15-2009 12:28 PM
when are stores like Best Buy going to expand their Blu-ray selection ?? 93xfan High Definition Smackdown 25 03-04-2008 05:38 PM
Im jealous of Blu-ray pricing and selection SweetBrownsugar High Definition Smackdown 22 01-01-2008 01:18 PM
I have a bigger Selection then BlockBuster... illegalprelude Blu-ray Software General Discussion 7 08-28-2007 07:39 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off