http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4344/monsters.html
Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM

Worst of 2010...
Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveAverageWes View Post
Worst of 2010...
So you're saying it's good I've missed it, actually, never heard of it.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 AM

I haven't seen it, but it looks impressive at least in terms of production values since it only had a $200,000 budget.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM

I missed this in theaters. I heard nothing but good things about it. Day 2 blind buy.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:37 PM

Monsters was a digital release first before it "hit theatres." As a Magnolia release they did this to promote this movie. I rented it in HD on iTunes, where it is up right now. I believe it is also on Amazon VOD and some PPV systems.

I have to say this movie is amazing. What they did on such a small budget is mindblowing. That and everything the director did was all to service the story and vision he had. Definitely a movie to watch! Highly recommend this to sophisticated viewers.

That said, this movie is NOT cookie cutter and most of it was shot in Mexico with amazing production quality for such a small movie. The movie has heart, complexity and depth in a manner most Science Fiction does not have. Part Hearts of Darkness, mixed with District 9 too boot.

Here is a link to its website.

http://www.monstersfilm.com/
Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM

Movie was a huge disappointment,
Spoiler
with a movie called monsters you think there would be some monsters in it, instead its half ass love story with only the suggestion of danger. This movie is more emotional then visual. Not a bad thing, but they failed at that too. I'm just venting as everything about this movie is misleading, you go to see an horror/action movie, but get a boring love story ZZZZZ....
Old 01-14-2011, 12:15 PM

I'll definitely pick this up! While the movie did not show a lot of the monsters, it reminded me of the older horror movies that left it to your imagination to fill in. Did any of you catch...
Spoiler
the way that the ending looped back around to the beginning of the film?

Does anyone have any info why Amazon has two listings for the blu-ray?

Monsters Special Edition + Digital Copy $15.99

Monsters (Blu-ray Special Edition + Digital Copy) $26.99
Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vläd View Post
I'll definitely pick this up! While the movie did not show a lot of the monsters, it reminded me of the older horror movies that left it to your imagination to fill in. Did any of you catch...
Spoiler
the way that the ending looped back around to the beginning of the film?

Does anyone have any info why Amazon has two listings for the blu-ray?

Monsters Special Edition + Digital Copy $15.99

Monsters (Blu-ray Special Edition + Digital Copy) $26.99
Spoiler
Some were saying the ending was totally something new.
At first I thought I about it but then I realized how shitty the movie was. The girl was a shitty actor, the story sucked, nothing interesting happened, and the chemistry stank. I didn't care for the actors to be honest and I don't remember anything interesting happening in the journey. Production wise, it's really awesome what he did with a low budget but his writing just stank.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Probably blind buy. I am a sucker for these kind of horror flicks. Trailer looked good and I have heard nothing but good things. I will still wait for the review but blind buy more likely...day 2 like cheez,lol.