So glad I bought the Warriors, simply a great movie. - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,629
Default So glad I bought the Warriors, simply a great movie.

I was having flashbacks to other movies. The cartoon still had me thinking that A Scanner Darkley ripped their idea from that. Beauty Shop HAD to have stolen the idea of the radio announcer talking in the mic and only showing their mouth from the Warriors. In fact, I swear it sounded like the same woman.

Overall the movie was just fun to watch. I just couldn't wait to see what the next gang would be, and whoever came up with them all had a great imagination. The movie was alot of fun, and though it's a bit dated, was visually clean.

If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Clear's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,681
Default

If by cartoon you mean the new scenes in the directors cut version I didnt care for it. I felt it took away from the raw grittiness the film had before that the cult fans have all come to love. I suggest seeing the original edit of the film. I know plenty of people who saw the newer version who loved it but loved the original even more so.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear31 View Post
If by cartoon you mean the new scenes in the directors cut version I didnt care for it. I felt it took away from the raw grittiness the film had before that the cult fans have all come to love. I suggest seeing the original edit of the film. I know plenty of people who saw the newer version who loved it but loved the original even more so.
Oh I haven't see the original, this was the first viewing for me. I thought the cartoon stills were part of the original, so that make sense that it seemed very similar to what's been done in A Scanner Darkley. I didn't think it detracted from it since the director stated the whole movie was like a comic book, but I could see where people would prefer the original.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Kid Banana's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear31 View Post
If by cartoon you mean the new scenes in the directors cut version I didnt care for it. I felt it took away from the raw grittiness the film had before that the cult fans have all come to love. I suggest seeing the original edit of the film. I know plenty of people who saw the newer version who loved it but loved the original even more so.
I agree, the cartoon bits really irritated me, they just didn't look right.

The BD transfer is great though, maybe one day we'll get the original cut of the movie.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post
I agree, the cartoon bits really irritated me, they just didn't look right.

The BD transfer is great though, maybe one day we'll get the original cut of the movie.
They should have just added it in as well, it's not like they didn't have room.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
taygan315's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
I was having flashbacks to other movies. The cartoon still had me thinking that A Scanner Darkley ripped their idea from that. Beauty Shop HAD to have stolen the idea of the radio announcer talking in the mic and only showing their mouth from the Warriors. In fact, I swear it sounded like the same woman.

Overall the movie was just fun to watch. I just couldn't wait to see what the next gang would be, and whoever came up with them all had a great imagination. The movie was alot of fun, and though it's a bit dated, was visually clean.

If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it.
Warriors is a classic,imho. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Great Debaters--a great movie that many didn't see in theatres posters5 Film Forum 3 08-31-2009 07:42 AM
Best Buys with Some Great 12.99 Deals-Blades of Glory,Truman Show,Warriors and More GPWYANKEE Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 11 07-28-2009 11:10 AM
Simply because it came with it blazsox Why I Went Blu 1 07-25-2007 03:02 AM
If Blu ray would simply release a cheap player, would you then "go for it?" s2mikey High Definition Smackdown 44 06-26-2007 02:39 PM
Unforgiven simply excellent Blurry HD DVD Software General Discussion 3 12-04-2006 06:57 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off