Blockbuster Targets Netflix Delays in New Ad Campaign - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-23-2010, 02:41 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Blockbuster Targets Netflix Delays in New Ad Campaign

The once giant rental chain may be fighting for survival, but they do have a point.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=12217889
Old 11-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Yeah, even DirecTV has been advertising their On Demand service saying "watch movies at home way before Netflix".
Old 11-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned

In other news, Johns Burgers on 5th and Canoga aims to take down McDonalds.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:23 PM

Blockbuster still charges a dollar extra in-store for BluRay new releases, and two dollars extra for BluRay favourites. Oh, and good luck finding a BBV store that is actually affiliated what-so-ever with the online stuff the company does.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimcicle View Post
Blockbuster still charges a dollar extra in-store for BluRay new releases, and two dollars extra for BluRay favourites. Oh, and good luck finding a BBV store that is actually affiliated what-so-ever with the online stuff the company does.
I had no problem whatsoever actually. Also, if you have the by mail service you have unlimited rentals by mail and five free rentals in stores, including Blu-rays. I'm just trying to tell you, if you want Blu-ray rentals the day of release, this is the best option around.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM

When Blockbuster closes their doors for good - a huge "yawn" will occur . . . they will be missed for about 5 minutes, maybe.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:03 PM

I got almost 300 movies in my Netflix que. The fact that there is a delay getting movies doesn't bother me. If its a movie I really like, I will have preordered it from Amazon anyways. Rentals is for movies I am not sure about.

That being said, I may up my Blockbuster from one disc to two (I got it for games only right now - so much cheaper than Gamefly), and may reduce my Netflix down to two out at a month - I am just not watching like I used to, and the price height is ridicoulous - although I probably make up for that with the TV shows I watch through Netflix streaming.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Blockbuster is SOOOOOO much better than Netflix it's not even funny (especially if you care about PQ quality). I'm glad some people are finally seeing that
Old 11-23-2010, 05:09 PM

Blockbuster is garbage. Has been for a long, long, long time. I was a late adopter of Netflix, and being a film fan I couldn't be happier. I have so much content at my fingertips that shuffling through it all is extremely difficult. I've been on a anime kick as of late - 251 episodes of One Piece and counting- , so my "film watching" has taken a massive back seat. Netflix is always there with a film waiting for me. Haven't had a problem getting what I want, nor with the picture quality as my internet is plenty fast...well, when it's working.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
Blockbuster is SOOOOOO much better than Netflix it's not even funny (especially if you care about PQ quality). I'm glad some people are finally seeing that
I care so much about "picture quality" that I watch blu-rays and dvds rather than streaming. And the brs & dvds I get from Netflix are just as good as the ones you get from Blockbuster. Oh?? Could you be referring to "streaming?"
Not interested!