High-Def Digest Picks The Top Twelve Most Successful BAD Movies Of All Time - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 PM

Default High-Def Digest Picks The Top Twelve Most Successful BAD Movies Of All Time

High-Def Digest Picks The Top Twelve Most Successful BAD Movies Of All Time.

This should be fun. Let's get some discussion going!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh..._All_Time/5876
Old 11-22-2010, 07:27 PM

OK I'm throwing in the dark knight in here. for the nerds that blindly love this piece of crapola.ok hello how many times can Gordon go " where's Harvey dent"?. before people go shit head your an idiot.then the joker was hardly menacing as batman was lazy.then the whole middle chase where batman goes through glass and lobby's and the truck flipping over.zzzzz.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:27 PM

I can't really argue with any of those picks, though I thought the last Matrix movie had some pretty cool scenes. I do agree with the inital assessment of Gone with the Wind though. I really can't stand that movie, and this comes from someone who has a great affinity for well-made classics. There are a lot of classics, though, that are just unwatchable for me and that is one of them.

However, I would definitely put Shrek the Third in there somewhere in that list. It's awful and worse than Quantum of Solace, with the first Transformers movie certainly better entertainment based on some of the action scenes.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Not sure who wrote this article and came up with this list but under the criteria given this is dead on. I couldn’t agree more unless you remove QoS and replaced it with that big fart bomb Avatar or maybe Shrek the Third like Supergrass mentioned. Finally someone out there that understands the crap they’re pushing out to the theaters these days and calls it like it is. Kudos to you and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Complaining that Achilles was killed by Paris' (poisoned) arrow to the heel in the movie Troy is like complaining that a movie about Gettysburg ended with the South losing the battle. Achilles was killed exactly that way in legend, although it's not exactly stated when. The decisive source on the sack of Troy (Book II of The Aeneid) mentions Achilles sacking the place, but I don't recall it mentioning him being killed during it.

His heel was his only vulnerable spot on his body. It's where his mother held him as she dipped him in Styx.

The movie isn't completely faithful to myth: Ajax, for one, is not killed in battle. He kills himself after losing the debate for Achilles' armor, which he loses to the eloquent Odysseus. But other than that, the movie gets more of the myth right than wrong.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM

I would like to add Skyline to this alto it didn't make any money and rightfully so. I went to see a movie they don't give you much info about as the plot is surrounded in mystery in the trailers.
Spoiler
this movie is a nonstop ride once it gets going. Sounds great huh, not really as the aliens are unstoppable. There is nothing we can do, not even a nuke can stop them. Think cloverfled without the doc cam style. There is a brief setup for the characters then you are thrown in the action. Its hard to care what happens to anyone in this film as they are all killed off early on. Which I guess is the main plot killer for me. You have this epic event trying to survive, every single turn/ attempt at getting to safety is stopped by the aliens. You get a feeling there is no real hope for anyone to survive. Then you get to the end where the two left are "taken" man guy star killed. you still don't know whats going on. then you find out they are converting us into them, movie is then left on a cliffhanger for a sequel. The ending to all this chaos left me pissed I wasted my time seeing this film.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 PM

Hell, I thought even the first "Matrix" was an awful awful movie...why stop at just criticism of the sequels?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:23 PM

Glad I don't let this articles author choose what I watch. Then again, it was deemed pointless IMO the moment I saw Gone With The Wind on there. Really, were already on the Internet. We couldn't have come up with something more original then "This is what I hate!"? And given a couple of those picks, it's more like "most successful movies that are overrated according to me." Honestly, what is even the point of this ranting article? If I want to read the "aintitcool" talk back, I will. Less and less I feel like coming to HDD for anything.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectorToschi View Post
Glad I don't let this articles author choose what I watch. Then again, it was deemed pointless IMO the moment I saw Gone With The Wind on there.
do you know how i know you didn't read that entire article?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Denim_Eyes View Post
Hell, I thought even the first "Matrix" was an awful awful movie...why stop at just criticism of the sequels?
Because the first Matrix film is actually GOOD. Not your opinion, but the general consensus.

Nothing like that existed before.