'Ramona and Beezus' - High-Def Digest - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM

Default 'Ramona and Beezus' - High-Def Digest

Our review of 'Ramona and Beezus' has just been posted. This is a fun film that should entertain Beverly Cleary fans and make for a good family movie night. This Blu-ray has fairly strong video and audio and a few interesting extras. Give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4052/ramona_beezus.html
Old 11-23-2010, 04:50 PM

This is one of "those movies" that even the target demographic (my daughter and her friends) consider the movie as "super lame". Filled with cliche from beginning to the end.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 PM

I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would...mostly because I was a big fan of the Beverly Cleary books as a kid.

The first 15 minutes of the movie worried me a bit, because it comes off as very sugary and lame. Then, I felt the tone of the film really settles down, and it incorporates a lot of themes that adults can care about. In fact, I'm not quite sure there is a specific target demographic for this film. Ramona captures the 5-10 year old audience, Beezus and Henry's storyline capture the tween-teen demographic, Ramona's aunt and her ex-boyfriend capture that 20 something demographic, and the parents' storyline captures the 30+ demographic. Therefore, I felt this film did a great job of being an accessible viewing experience for all ages.