'Avatar: Extended Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-22-2010, 01:13 PM

Default 'Avatar: Extended Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Avatar: Extended Collector's Edition' has just been posted. Josh's opinion of the movie remains the same, lets just get that out of the way up front, but he has lots of great analysis of the additional scenes, and a complete rundown of the extras and technical specs. Video and audio are stellar, extras are plentiful. Yes, you if like the movie, you should go buy this ASAP.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3948/avatar_ce.html
Old 11-22-2010, 01:17 PM

Wow, I think you're the only one who has said that the Extended scenes don't add anything to the film, Josh.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Wow, I think you're the only one who has said that the Extended scenes don't add anything to the film, Josh.
josh said the extended cut has continuity problems with one scene, is this true? can anyone confirm?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:29 PM

I love Josh's bottom line: ''Oh, Just Buy It''. Cracked me up a bit when I saw that.

A little disheartening to hear their were some playback issues. Makes me apperciate the bare bones version I own a bit more. I asked for the Extended version for Christmas..that way, technically, I am not double dipping,lol.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 PM

I wonder when the Holy Hell there's More Pointless Scenes Filmed by Egomaniacal Director, Batman! Extended, Extended Edition will come out.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 PM

I think to have different perspectives the same reviewer of the 1st release shouldn't have reviewed this one. Since he absolutely can't stand this movie I think a balance from someone on the staff who did enjoy it (anyone?) should have reviewed this release... Will Josh review the 3D one too?? His head will explode!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:53 PM

He also copied the buffalo chase? How low can he get.

It's not that Avatar is a bad movie. It's just such a waste of money and opportunity. With the economy the way it is, I doubt anyone will get to spend that much ever again.
If the Navi had been non humanoid, and he had added an original angle to the story, like the planet adding the humans consciousness to itself and slowly going insane, he cold have created something along the lines of 2001.

What a waste.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:55 PM

OK, if he wants to rehash his disdain for the movie, I can rehash my opinion about why someone who dislikes the film (as he admits a minority) should keep reviewing it! It's like someone who hates horror movies is given the task of reviewing horror movies! Why would you do that? It helps no one!

With the multitudes of people who actually enjoyed the film out there, surely there are some of the reviewers on staff that can supply another viewpoint, so why not give one of them a chance to write a majority report on the disk?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurin View Post
He also copied the buffalo chase? How low can he get.

It's not that Avatar is a bad movie. It's just such a waste of money and opportunity. With the economy the way it is, I doubt anyone will get to spend that much ever again.
If the Navi had been non humanoid, and he had added an original angle to the story, like the planet adding the humans consciousness to itself and slowly going insane, he cold have created something along the lines of 2001.

What a waste.

Yeah, okay. Didn't they say that when he made Titanic? Wait, Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time now. Cameron has carte-blanche.

BTW, if he had created something along the lines of 2001 no one would have gone to see it. Maybe a niche few, but not the mainstream crowd.

It's business.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahjelli View Post
I think to have different perspectives the same reviewer of the 1st release shouldn't have reviewed this one. Since he absolutely can't stand this movie I think a balance from someone on the staff who did enjoy it (anyone?) should have reviewed this release... Will Josh review the 3D one too?? His head will explode!
Josh did an amazing write up the first time, so why should he NOT write about it again? just because he disagrees with you about the film? why have this so called "balance" when you can have someone who, wait for it, can compare releases and be the site's authoritative voice on the film?!?! does HDD really *need* a 13/5 star review calling James Cameron a film god?

and no, Josh isn't doing the 3D version. right now, it appears that I am. and I dislike the film even more than Josh apparently does.