'Let Me In' is coming February 1 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 AM

Default 'Let Me In' is coming February 1

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4349/letmein.html
Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 AM

I went and saw this remake primarily because I enjoyed Reeves "Cloverfield" and was curious to see his take on the Swedish original which is a favorite of mine. It was okay, certainly not as bad as it could have been, but I still prefer the original all the way around. I thought the cast of the Swedish version had just the right quirkiness for this quirky story. The scene settings and photography of Scandanavia in winter made me feel like I was there, the sense of foreboding was more palpable. The score fit the storyline and action like a glove and has "stand alone" quality as well, for me.

In comparing the two casts the one character that caught my attention in the remake was the bully. I really took a strong dislike to the one in the original (the character, not the actor), but I disliked the one in remake even more, well done.

One thing that took me out of the story as I was watching the remake was what I have to think were CGI'd effects. When Eli attacks the man in the culvert I suddenly thought I was watching Golem from LOTR. Another was Eli scaling the side of the hospital building.

I will still probably pick this up on a special or when it hits the bargain bin at Amazon.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:03 PM

I'm curious about this, but I also don't have high expectations.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 11-24-2010, 10:36 AM

The original is one of my favorites, and I'm looking forward to seeing this. I haven't seen it yet as it looks like it's straight to DVD in my country.
I really wish they would do a II set 10 years later with Oven as an adult and still living with Aby. Only this time with Aby being the one in trouble and Oven having to come to her rescue.