New Spider-Man Blurays vs Old Spider-Man Blurays? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Question New Spider-Man Blurays vs Old Spider-Man Blurays?

I notice they just released individual blurays for both Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2..and i remembering seeing the trilogy box set was the only way to originally get the two movies on bluray..so i was wondering is it worth spending 20+$ on Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2 or spending 40-60$ on the trilogy?

like are the discs basically the same with features and quality? or are the new individual discs and upgrade with new features & better quality? just wondering because i haven't heard anything about the new releases.

I mainly ask because i've never seen the 3rd movie & i heard it was bad (why i avoided the trilogy) & because the review
Code:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/594/spiderman_trilogy.html
has it as recommended and in pretty great quality.

any input?

Thank You
Old 11-20-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuv3M3 View Post
I notice they just released individual blurays for both Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2..and i remembering seeing the trilogy box set was the only way to originally get the two movies on bluray..so i was wondering is it worth spending 20+$ on Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2 or spending 40-60$ on the trilogy?

like are the discs basically the same with features and quality? or are the new individual discs and upgrade with new features & better quality? just wondering because i haven't heard anything about the new releases.

I mainly ask because i've never seen the 3rd movie & i heard it was bad (why i avoided the trilogy) & because the review
Code:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/594/spiderman_trilogy.html
has it as recommended and in pretty great quality.

any input?

Thank You
They are exactly the same discs as what is in the trilogy box set. I would say get the box set. You can get it for $40 sometimes cheaper. As to the 3rd movie, its purely opinion, but I liked it, and over all thought it was better than 2, but again, thats just my opinion.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
They are exactly the same discs as what is in the trilogy box set. I would say get the box set. You can get it for $40 sometimes cheaper. As to the 3rd movie, its purely opinion, but I liked it, and over all thought it was better than 2, but again, thats just my opinion.
Wow, never heard that before: All reviews I read and everyone I know state that 2 is easily the best of the trilogy and part 3 by far the worst. Even Sam Raimi was quite unhappy with the third part.

The problem with Spiderman 3 is that the studio forced Raimi to include Venom at the last minute and as a result the movie feels totally episodic and covulted. In one scene it is extremely dark when Peter Parker has an identity crisis while suddenly in the next scene he runs around a street hitting on every girl like a sailor on shoreleave...Then suddenly the movie becomes a soap opera, with Mary Jane and Harry in a silly cooking scene. Few minutes later you feel like you are watching a musical...

There are much worse comic book movies, but part three is not nearly as good as Spiderman 2 in my opinion. The second was one of the best comic book movies of all time.

But even though IŽd just buy the box set, since then youŽd have the complete trilogy and with lowered expectations part 3 is still okay as it has some moments.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Former Member

holy shit, did someone just say 3 was better than 2? wow!

yeah, i disagree.

the full details on these "essentials" releases are coming soon. this site doesn't have dedicated reviews for either of the first 2 spideys, just the third, and i'm working on fixing that right now. 1/2 way done with that task!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:31 AM

I liked Spiderman 3 too, Spiderman 2 is the best one though.

Hang on in there and resist the temptation to buy now and you will maybe get better quality releases around the time the new movie is released.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM

I saw the back of the single releases in stores today and the only thing that seemed different was that Spider man 2 said it included 2 cuts of the film. Spider-man 2 and Spider-man 2.1 which has an extra 13 or so minutes. Not sure if the Spider-man 2 in the box set had both cuts on it.

Edit- never mind, just checked my box set SM2 and it does include 2.1 as well, so yeah, the discs are all exactly the same.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Former Member

the box set version had both.

reviews are in system. took good amount of time on them, hope ya'll enjoy when they go live.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
the box set version had both.

reviews are in system. took good amount of time on them, hope ya'll enjoy when they go live.
damn, you beat me to my edit lol