'Eat Pray Love' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 AM

Default 'Eat Pray Love' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Eat Pray Love' has been posted. This movie isn't for everyone, but fans of the book should be satisfied. This Blu-ray features average video, better audio, and an assortment of HD-exclusive special features. This is a rental.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4141/epl.html
Old 11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Former Member

eat pray love, the original title for the human centipede! sweet!

the QVC/home shopping push on random junk with the EPL name on it made me pretty pissed, at humanity itself.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:53 AM

"Of course, many don't have the luxury of signing a book deal beforehand, complete with a hefty advance, in order to bring this desire to fulfillment."

LOL I found this hilarious
Old 11-19-2010, 02:56 PM

This shit seems very painful to watch.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:01 PM

A pity that the story & PQ are somewhat lacking....still, I'll pick this up for the travelogue -inspired cinematography -- plus, I'm a sucker for 'road' movies
Old 11-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Saw this with my girlfriend who absolutely loves the book. Even she thought it was really quite dreadful, and somewhat saved by Julia Roberts' performance. I actually found more saving grace in it than she did, in enjoying the cinematography, especially in the Italy part (And precious little else). So when an out-and-out chick-flick even turns off those expected to enjoy it (who even love the source material), you just have to accept it's pretty much a lost cause.

Really, really poor film. I'd probably have to flip a coin to decide whether I'd watch this or Avatar again (If forced to pick one), for all their shallow/empty metaphysical "finding ones' self" rubbish.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:11 PM

The picture of Julia Roberts eating with that spoon is one of the most annoying things I have ever seen. Am I the only one who thinks she seems to hide an harsh, rude personality behind a VERY thin veneer of toothy, excessive-gum smiley-ness?