'Robocop Trilogy' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-11-2010, 12:51 PM

Default 'Robocop Trilogy' - High-Def Digest Review

Drew has reviewed the 'Robocop Trilogy.' He says the first one remains a classic, the two sequels are pretty darn terrible. This Blu-ray box set offers OK video and audio and basically zero extras. This is highly skippable.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3743...optrilogy.html
Old 11-11-2010, 01:15 PM

Still waiting for a decent release of the first. Starting to doubt it will happen.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:35 PM

i remember seeing Part 3 in theaters and laughing my ass off at how terrible it is. the most hilarious part was near the end when he puts on the jetpack to take off from the office in the final battle...you can very clearly see the wires pulling him/the dummy around. i have to imagine they are evey more visible on blu.

i seem to be in a minority that likes Part 2 though. lol i still think its a good and fun movie. and i loved the blue hue they gave his body, i was disappointed they went back to grey for Part 3. but i own the dvd trilogy collection and thats enough for me. as much as i enjoy the first two, i dont need to rebuy them. especially considering Part 1 is bare bones, the trilogy collection included the special edition with all the extras and unrated cut of the movie.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:27 PM

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd kill for an HD Robocop release that has all the "X-Rated" footage re-instated. It looks like garbage on my Criterion DVD, but at least its in there.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
i seem to be in a minority that likes Part 2 though. lol i still think its a good and fun movie. and i loved the blue hue they gave his body, i was disappointed they went back to grey for Part 3. but i own the dvd trilogy collection and thats enough for me.
I don't hate 2, but I don't need to own it either. I'm fine catching it on TV now and then. I liked the color add to the costume too.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:45 PM

I saw RObocop 2 in theaters and was blown away at how bloody and violent it was. I was probably as old as Hob, the child mob boss, and couldn't believe how violent his character was.

"You're looking a little out of breath, bitch!"
Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaligula View Post
I'm not holding my breath, but I'd kill for an HD Robocop release that has all the "X-Rated" footage re-instated. It looks like garbage on my Criterion DVD, but at least its in there.
The current blu-ray is the unrated director's cut with the "excessive violence" reinserted. Same cut as the CC DVD.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:55 PM

The first RoboCop is probably the most underrated movie of all time. I bet it's because the title is kind of silly so people forget how fucking good that movie is.

RoboCop 2 I love moreso as a standalone movie than a continuation of the first. Lot of fun stuff in there.

As far as I'm concerned there is no RoboCop 3.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinionhaver View Post
The first RoboCop is probably the most underrated movie of all time. I bet it's because the title is kind of silly so people forget how fucking good that movie is.

RoboCop 2 I love moreso as a standalone movie than a continuation of the first. Lot of fun stuff in there.

As far as I'm concerned there is no RoboCop 3.
YES absolutely

2 was MEH and yes on what you said about 3
Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 AM

Hey I love RoboCop 2, and I'm not going to apologize for it. I never apologize, for ANYTHING, EVER. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

If I saw RoboCop 2 on the streets, I would definitely take it in and give it a home-cooked meal and a bath. Luckily, I saw it in Wal-Mart in the bargain bin so I know it's doing OK.