'V: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Default 'V: The Complete First Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'V: The Complete First Season.' He says the show has some issues. This Blu-ray set also has its share of problem, with really troubled video, weak audio, and unimpressive extras. Definitely rent this one first.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3307/v_2009_s1.html
Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 PM

hmmmm............
pretty disappointing as far as pq and aq, but I may still pick it up eventually.
I enjoyed this series for the most part even though it certainly had its share of problems.
Overall, it's pretty decent although this upcoming 2nd season is obviously pivotal.
It could become a real winner, or it may just as easily crash and burn into oblivion.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:32 PM

I am getting more and more disappointed with reviewers here.
First it was the Van Dame movies and now V. Why can someone that likes the actual show review this or at least someone that liked the original for God's sake.
The show started sorta slow but it got better and better (I dont care if the effects are cheap or not or are you going to flame Casablanca for the super lame paper plane too?).
If you can watch the last episode Red Sky and not be excited then you shouldn't be reviewing this at all mate.
I have not watch a tv series in years and years...this is the first time one has been able to grab me and I had my doubts as I was a fan of the original but I am glad I gave it a chance because it is really good if it keeps going where it left on the last episode.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:45 PM

Every time I see the goofy looking woman with the 12 year old boy haircut and then remember how hot Jane Badler was in the same role, I think the series must suck.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 PM

This review describes the first half of the series well. But halfway through, this series found its legs. It got a lot darker, and the characters found some depth. Season 2 could be a real winner.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
I am getting more and more disappointed with reviewers here.
First it was the Van Dame movies and now V. Why can someone that likes the actual show review this or at least someone that liked the original for God's sake.
The show started sorta slow but it got better and better (I dont care if the effects are cheap or not or are you going to flame Casablanca for the super lame paper plane too?).
If you can watch the last episode Red Sky and not be excited then you shouldn't be reviewing this at all mate.
I have not watch a tv series in years and years...this is the first time one has been able to grab me and I had my doubts as I was a fan of the original but I am glad I gave it a chance because it is really good if it keeps going where it left on the last episode.
Why should we have only reviewers who like the subject matter do the review? Wouldn't that result in a bunch of positive reviews for just about everything? That doesn't make any sense.

And your comparison to Casablanca is laughable. We're talking 1942 compared to 2009. Really? Yes, the effects SHOULD be better. This is 2009! Maybe they should have tried to build some sets. Not just make everything phony-looking green screen.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 11-10-2010, 11:20 PM

I'm keeping with the show in hopes that they kill off Erica's son as soon as possible. Baccarin and Mitchell are excellent in their roles; I just wish the material was better. The CG ship scenes make me cringe everytime I see them. The actors look extremely awkward standing there.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poof2124 View Post
I'm keeping with the show in hopes that they kill off Erica's son as soon as possible. Baccarin and Mitchell are excellent in their roles; I just wish the material was better. The CG ship scenes make me cringe everytime I see them. The actors look extremely awkward standing there.
LOL - Keep Alien Anna's daughter in there with more lingerie scenes please
Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 AM

anna's daughter is certainly a major draw I'm sure for many people.
she is kinda cute.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
LOL - Keep Alien Anna's daughter in there with more lingerie scenes please

+ 1 Million

I kinda agree with the review but I like the show anyway.