Universal Scrapes Bottom of the Barrel For February catalogs. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Default Universal Scrapes Bottom of the Barrel For February catalogs.

Universal is really quite hopeless it would appear.
I mean they finally announce some titles that weren't released on HD DVD and this is what they come up with?
I mean good grief, this is just shockingly pathetic imo considering how many amazing films are in their catalog.

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that, on February 8, 2011, it will release five catalog titles on Blu-ray, from the action and family genres: Barb Wire, Flipper, The River Wild, Uncle Buck and Waist Deep. The latter had been released in 2006 on the defunct HD DVD format, as a combo disc.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:46 AM

You'd better watch yourself. Uncle Buck validates that entire list.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:45 AM

hardly.
I mean sure, it's the best title, but the list is still a disaster plain and simple.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Barb Wire before Jurassic Park? Heinous. Okay, JP may be getting kind of greedy since it would require the time and effort of Speilberg, but surely they could've selected a better haul than this junk. If we're talking previous hd-dvd exclusives, I'd even take Dead Silence over Waist Deep.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
hardly.
I mean sure, it's the best title, but the list is still a disaster plain and simple.
I'm not sure how it's a disaster. When is February ever anything but a dumping ground?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:47 PM

Universal still has better titles that were HD DVD exclusives that they could be putting out on Blu-ray instead of this junk. Where is The Deer Hunter, The Bone Collector, or The Interpreter, to name a few? They are certainly better choices than these. Or better yet, where are their other Hitchcock classics (Vertigo???).
Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie View Post
Where is The Deer Hunter, The Bone Collector, or The Interpreter, to name a few? They are certainly better choices than these. Or better yet, where are their other Hitchcock classics (Vertigo???).
Where are they? Probably in the place where they chill out until the time of year when their sales have half a chance of being maximized.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 AM

Uncle Buck is awesome (my personal favorite John Candy flick) but otherwise I agree. Who the hell wants Barb Wire or Flipper?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:22 AM

I don't mind A River Wild! Always liked movies like that set in nature with natural colored surroundings. Don't know about the others though. I'm still waiting for Hitchcock's The Birds and countless other classics. Seems to be the intention of many studios to get most of the junk out there first for some reason.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:28 AM

Uncle Buck is one of our favorite movies, but Universal has been back to their crap catalog transfers so it's pretty much impossible to get too excited over the one good film on that list.