'Charlie St. Cloud' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-09-2010, 12:31 PM

Default 'Charlie St. Cloud' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate liked 'Charlie St. Cloud.' That's right. He liked it. This is the review that proves it. This Blu-ray features good video, irritating audio, and a run of the mill batch of extras. Give it a rent, then tell Mr. Boss what you think.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4009/charlie_cloud.html
Old 11-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Former Member

i know everyone bought this instead of scott pilgrim and black ops, so come on, tell me how much ya'll loved it!

some serious crickets going on in here. perhaps i threw too much a curve in not cursing all those involved for 2000 words.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
i know everyone bought this instead of scott pilgrim and black ops, so come on, tell me how much ya'll loved it!

some serious crickets going on in here. perhaps i threw too much a curve in not cursing all those involved for 2000 words.
I'm sad no one has commented in my 'Hunt to Kill' or 'Bangkok Adrenaline' threads...

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 11-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Former Member

to be fair, everyone's watching charlie st cloud due to my suggestion, scott pilgrim due to your DEMAND THEY BUY IT (i will soon enough), or Black Ops, due to the impossible to meet hype levels.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 AM

How did all these crap movies get reviewed but Moulin Rouge, a movie a lot of people here are actually interested in, doesn't? Heck, I'm still waiting for the reviews of Star Treks VIII-X from 2009 that we were promised.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Former Member

hi lioncourt, glad you enjoyed the review.

1- i'm not the guy who did moulin rouge. i did do romeo + juliet, which is in the system waiting to go live.
2- fox titles, let's not forget, are rarely ever acquired or sent early, since fox doesn't send screeners until release date.
3- just because you find a film to be crap doesn't mean other people will. right now, since this is the first week of release on charlie st cloud, it is a relevant title, and a review of it may be more helpful to the mild mannered consumer. if fox sent titles early, reviews would be faster and more relevant, meaning they'd probably be greenlighted faster.
4- star trek, that's not me, yo. if it were a title/series that was mine to do, then yeah, i'd say you have a point.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:24 PM

"Hairspray" was crap?????

well, to each his own.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 PM

I won't lie, intend to rent this. The ads for it looked interesting.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
How did all these crap movies get reviewed but Moulin Rouge, a movie a lot of people here are actually interested in, doesn't? Heck, I'm still waiting for the reviews of Star Treks VIII-X from 2009 that we were promised.
Personally, I think Moulin Rouge is crap. They should've called it Moulin the Most Overactingest Rouge on this Side of Tatooine. I swear, I want to punch John Leguizamo in the face if I ever see him in person because I'll never get his image out of my head.

I just want to add, Charlie bit my finger. Aheel aheel.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Former Member

tom- technically, now you have a triple post, 3 in a row. w00t w00t!!!

dantheman, in my eyes, yes, hairspray was shite. that doesn't mean it's an edict, or law. just nate's opinion.