Least Shocking Announcement Ever...James Cameron Hearts Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Attebery's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,716
Default Least Shocking Announcement Ever...James Cameron Hearts Blu-ray

Least Shocking Announcement Ever...James Cameron Hearts Blu-ray

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...s_Blu-ray/5765
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Bouncy X's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 979
Default

everything looks better and benefits from 3D so he watched the Masters even though he didnt care about it simply because it was in 3D? wow, thats pretty pathetic.

well Mr. Cameron, having seen your Avatar in 3D theaters and then on 2D blu-ray, i can say without a doubt that i enjoyed the television experience much, much more. i wasn't distracted by everything trying to "be 3D" and distracted by the fact it looked just like lame cardboard cutouts just like back in the 80s. i admit the percentage of things "sticking out" is much better these days but its still the same effect....that being nothing impressive. of course the worst part is that after maybe 25mins into the 3D version, i didnt even notice the effect anymore so it sorta defeated the purpose.

it seems only CGI animated movies truly benefit from this new fad so thats great for them but live action movies should just give it a rest. and considering how poorly the last few live action 3D movies have done, maybe its a sign people are tired of it, or at least tired of the movie types using it. considering they charged anywhere from 3 to 5 dollars extra for it, its sorta surprising to see how little money the latest movies are doing regardless of 3D.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2010, 02:34 AM
HD Whore's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 649
Wink Duh!

Of coarse!

It gives him a chance too:
re-color
re-frame
re-edit
&
re-sell
all his movies!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 AM
CaptainCanuck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,665
Default

James Cameron is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Default

I think an even less shocking one would be 'James Cameron Hearts Thermonuclear Explosions'. It must have killed him, writing the script for 'Titanic', without this helpful plot device.

"There's this big Edwardian ocean liner, see, and a mysterious figure, let's call him Jack Connor, falls from the future through a time warp onto the bridge, and......"

'On the topic of good vs. bad 3D, his advice to all filmmakers and studios is the A) shoot in 3D, or B) spend the time and money to do post-conversion right. For this films need an extra six month built into the post-production schedules.'

Oh dear, are you an indie filmmaker with John Cassavetes-like aspirations? Ah well, tough. If you pepper your script with explosions, car chases, tin eared dialogue and some gratuitous sex, then it might be a bit more 3D friendly, baby. Borrowing liberally from Roger Dean album covers and Ferngully might help too. Or, totally nuts as it may sound, you could just try and make quality films with believable plots, well written scripts and some real relevance to the human condition. I know; madness, it'll never catch on.....

I can't wait for Digital Domain's retooling of 'Citizen Kane' on Blu-ray. It'll doubtless be in (teal and orange) colour, cropped to 16:9, converted to 3D and have Charles Foster Kane replaced with a six foot Weta-generated digital penguin, because that's what the kids want, innit?

Cheers, Jim!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB1964 View Post
I think an even less shocking one would be 'James Cameron Hearts Thermonuclear Explosions'. It must have killed him, writing the script for 'Titanic', without this helpful plot device.

"There's this big Edwardian ocean liner, see, and a mysterious figure, let's call him Jack Connor, falls from the future through a time warp onto the bridge, and......"

'On the topic of good vs. bad 3D, his advice to all filmmakers and studios is the A) shoot in 3D, or B) spend the time and money to do post-conversion right. For this films need an extra six month built into the post-production schedules.'

Oh dear, are you an indie filmmaker with John Cassavetes-like aspirations? Ah well, tough. If you pepper your script with explosions, car chases, tin eared dialogue and some gratuitous sex, then it might be a bit more 3D friendly, baby. Borrowing liberally from Roger Dean album covers and Ferngully might help too. Or, totally nuts as it may sound, you could just try and make quality films with believable plots, well written scripts and some real relevance to the human condition. I know; madness, it'll never catch on.....

I can't wait for Digital Domain's retooling of 'Citizen Kane' on Blu-ray. It'll doubtless be in (teal and orange) colour, cropped to 16:9, converted to 3D and have Charles Foster Kane replaced with a six foot Weta-generated digital penguin, because that's what the kids want, innit?

Cheers, Jim!
hmm

U mad?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 AM
FoxyMulder's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB1964 View Post
I can't wait for Digital Domain's retooling of 'Citizen Kane' on Blu-ray. It'll doubtless be in (teal and orange) colour, cropped to 16:9, converted to 3D and have Charles Foster Kane replaced with a six foot Weta-generated digital penguin, because that's what the kids want, innit?

Cheers, Jim!
Let's hope so, it might make that film better, the most overrated film of all time.
( in my opinion )
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 AM
gravis778's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
everything looks better and benefits from 3D so he watched the Masters even though he didnt care about it simply because it was in 3D? wow, thats pretty pathetic.
How many things did you watch in HD when you got your first HDTV just because the program was in HD? If you were like me, you were hurting for HD, and anything that was broadcast, whether it was something you were interested in or not, you watched!

Cameron's right - 3D can be a push, but only if its done right. I agree with the line 100%, either shoot in 3d to begin with, or factor in enough time for post-production to do it right. Sloppy 3D is not going to benefit anyone.

I can think of Spielberg movies I would love to see in 3D, but Close Encounters and Jaws are not the top of my list. Jurassic Park and Poltergeist are on my list (although, to be fair, I am not sure what Spielberg's role actually was in Poltergeist, I just know he was involved)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 AM
ATLFalconsFAN's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,199
Default

Since he loves Blu Ray does this mean that True Lies is in the works? Please oh please?!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 AM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Since he loves Blu Ray does this mean that True Lies is in the works? Please oh please?!
Don't know if True Lies is in the works, but do know that The Abyss will be his next film on BD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Studiocanal Prepping James Cameron's 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day' for Blu-ray 3D Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 15 12-19-2017 03:09 PM
James Cameron To Dive The Mariana Trench To Film AVATAR 2: Only Second Team To EVER D Lee Stewart Film Forum 17 09-15-2010 05:26 PM
Most Shocking News EVER!! Arkadin The Water Cooler 20 07-01-2010 03:35 PM
James Cameron on why there'll be no trailers on Avatar dvd,blu rays CaptainCanuck Film Forum 25 03-28-2010 09:28 PM
James Cameron sees Avatar on Blu-ray 3D in November (cont) h0mi High Definition Smackdown 28 02-21-2010 01:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off