Least Shocking Announcement Ever...James Cameron Hearts Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Default Least Shocking Announcement Ever...James Cameron Hearts Blu-ray

Least Shocking Announcement Ever...James Cameron Hearts Blu-ray

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...s_Blu-ray/5765
Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 PM

everything looks better and benefits from 3D so he watched the Masters even though he didnt care about it simply because it was in 3D? wow, thats pretty pathetic.

well Mr. Cameron, having seen your Avatar in 3D theaters and then on 2D blu-ray, i can say without a doubt that i enjoyed the television experience much, much more. i wasn't distracted by everything trying to "be 3D" and distracted by the fact it looked just like lame cardboard cutouts just like back in the 80s. i admit the percentage of things "sticking out" is much better these days but its still the same effect....that being nothing impressive. of course the worst part is that after maybe 25mins into the 3D version, i didnt even notice the effect anymore so it sorta defeated the purpose.

it seems only CGI animated movies truly benefit from this new fad so thats great for them but live action movies should just give it a rest. and considering how poorly the last few live action 3D movies have done, maybe its a sign people are tired of it, or at least tired of the movie types using it. considering they charged anywhere from 3 to 5 dollars extra for it, its sorta surprising to see how little money the latest movies are doing regardless of 3D.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:34 AM

Wink Duh!

Of coarse!

It gives him a chance too:
re-color
re-frame
re-edit
&
re-sell
all his movies!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 AM

James Cameron is awesome.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 AM

I think an even less shocking one would be 'James Cameron Hearts Thermonuclear Explosions'. It must have killed him, writing the script for 'Titanic', without this helpful plot device.

"There's this big Edwardian ocean liner, see, and a mysterious figure, let's call him Jack Connor, falls from the future through a time warp onto the bridge, and......"

'On the topic of good vs. bad 3D, his advice to all filmmakers and studios is the A) shoot in 3D, or B) spend the time and money to do post-conversion right. For this films need an extra six month built into the post-production schedules.'

Oh dear, are you an indie filmmaker with John Cassavetes-like aspirations? Ah well, tough. If you pepper your script with explosions, car chases, tin eared dialogue and some gratuitous sex, then it might be a bit more 3D friendly, baby. Borrowing liberally from Roger Dean album covers and Ferngully might help too. Or, totally nuts as it may sound, you could just try and make quality films with believable plots, well written scripts and some real relevance to the human condition. I know; madness, it'll never catch on.....

I can't wait for Digital Domain's retooling of 'Citizen Kane' on Blu-ray. It'll doubtless be in (teal and orange) colour, cropped to 16:9, converted to 3D and have Charles Foster Kane replaced with a six foot Weta-generated digital penguin, because that's what the kids want, innit?

Cheers, Jim!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB1964 View Post
I think an even less shocking one would be 'James Cameron Hearts Thermonuclear Explosions'. It must have killed him, writing the script for 'Titanic', without this helpful plot device.

"There's this big Edwardian ocean liner, see, and a mysterious figure, let's call him Jack Connor, falls from the future through a time warp onto the bridge, and......"

'On the topic of good vs. bad 3D, his advice to all filmmakers and studios is the A) shoot in 3D, or B) spend the time and money to do post-conversion right. For this films need an extra six month built into the post-production schedules.'

Oh dear, are you an indie filmmaker with John Cassavetes-like aspirations? Ah well, tough. If you pepper your script with explosions, car chases, tin eared dialogue and some gratuitous sex, then it might be a bit more 3D friendly, baby. Borrowing liberally from Roger Dean album covers and Ferngully might help too. Or, totally nuts as it may sound, you could just try and make quality films with believable plots, well written scripts and some real relevance to the human condition. I know; madness, it'll never catch on.....

I can't wait for Digital Domain's retooling of 'Citizen Kane' on Blu-ray. It'll doubtless be in (teal and orange) colour, cropped to 16:9, converted to 3D and have Charles Foster Kane replaced with a six foot Weta-generated digital penguin, because that's what the kids want, innit?

Cheers, Jim!
hmm

U mad?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB1964 View Post

Cheers, Jim!
Let's hope so, it might make that film better, the most overrated film of all time.
( in my opinion )
Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
everything looks better and benefits from 3D so he watched the Masters even though he didnt care about it simply because it was in 3D? wow, thats pretty pathetic.
How many things did you watch in HD when you got your first HDTV just because the program was in HD? If you were like me, you were hurting for HD, and anything that was broadcast, whether it was something you were interested in or not, you watched!

Cameron's right - 3D can be a push, but only if its done right. I agree with the line 100%, either shoot in 3d to begin with, or factor in enough time for post-production to do it right. Sloppy 3D is not going to benefit anyone.

I can think of Spielberg movies I would love to see in 3D, but Close Encounters and Jaws are not the top of my list. Jurassic Park and Poltergeist are on my list (although, to be fair, I am not sure what Spielberg's role actually was in Poltergeist, I just know he was involved)
Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 AM

Since he loves Blu Ray does this mean that True Lies is in the works? Please oh please?!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Since he loves Blu Ray does this mean that True Lies is in the works? Please oh please?!
Don't know if True Lies is in the works, but do know that The Abyss will be his next film on BD.