Dances With Wolves (extended): January 11th! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2010, 07:15 AM

Default Dances With Wolves (extended): January 11th!

according to the Bits MGM is releasing the extended version of DWW on January 11th.

According to The Digital Bits, MGM Home Entertainment, in conjunction with 20th Century Fox, will release Dances with Wolves on Blu-ray on January 11, 2011. This BD will present the extended cut of this Oscar-winning western starring and directed by Kevin Costner. Most of the previous DVD extras will reportedly be included, along with newly-produced material.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:11 PM

wow, over 40 views and not one person cares enough to post about this news.
amazing.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:46 PM

Im in Arkadin, I want the theatrical version.. It has a much better flow than the exdended cut..
Old 11-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Never did get any of the import versions. I'll wait now and get this one for sure.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Just cant dig this film. Its more like Dances with Boredom. Plus, it inexplicably beat out Goodfellas for best Picture which is still the biggest travesty in the Oscars history, IMO. There - I commented on it.

Extended cut? As if the 8 hour and 43 minute theatrical runtime wasnt enough...
Old 11-04-2010, 03:24 PM

I have the extended cut German version, which has a 7.1 soundtrack and looks pretty good.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:50 PM

This was aired in HD on PBS, the pq was meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Just cant dig this film. Its more like Dances with Boredom. Plus, it inexplicably beat out Goodfellas for best Picture which is still the biggest travesty in the Oscars history, IMO. There - I commented on it.

Maybe if you are lucky they will merge it with the extended Postman to make it 12+ hours of enjoyment for you.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman342 View Post
This was aired in HD on PBS, the pq was meh.
Isn't this the third thread you've posted something like this in? Are you sure that your local PBS is actually airing these films in high def. Many PBS affiliates run at 480p, or, if they are HD, they upconvert a lot of their programs (particularly movies) from 480p/i sources.

HDNet Movies has aired "Dances" for years, and although I haven't seen it since Time Warner dropped Cuban from their lineup, it always looked excellent.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Isn't this the third thread you've posted something like this in? Are you sure that your local PBS is actually airing these films in high def. Many PBS affiliates run at 480p, or, if they are HD, they upconvert a lot of their programs (particularly movies) from 480p/i sources.
Somehow you confused me with a poor sighted person and missed how I said The Rocky Horror Picture Show looked great on OTA HD. If DWW looked like 480p then I would have said it looked awful.

Your complaint is bizarre to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
HDNet Movies has aired "Dances" for years, and although I haven't seen it since Time Warner dropped Cuban from their lineup, it always looked excellent.
Great, maybe that was a different transfer or we disagree on what makes a transfer excellent.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post

Agree 100%, I thought Goodfellas was ten times better than this movie. I just couldn't get into it, although the film looks great, I didn't care for the story.