'Sex and the City 2' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2010, 12:39 PM

Default 'Sex and the City 2' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Sex and the City 2' has just been posted. El Bicho was a fan of the series, but he says this is pretty bad and no longer the least bit grounded in reality. This Blu-ray features very nice video, good audio, and a few extras. Unfortunately, unless you're one of the very few who enjoyed it, this is one to avoid.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3836/sexcity2.html
Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 PM

Regarding the video and audio scores should not this be "Bad flick, good disc"?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:51 AM

Got dragged to see this (and the first one)... All I can say, is that I never got the whole 'Sex and the City' thing. There are some chick flicks/programs that are also just good films/programs that I can happily watch and enjoy (even if they're just mindless entertainment). Then there are those that garner high praise and success, with seemingly no reason. They are so shallow and pointless, one wonders how anyone sits through them...

Sex and the City is one of those, for me... It can only be explained as perhaps the female equivalent of mindless action movies for men. We can enjoy 'em, but women can't understand why. but at least mindless action movies don't pretend to be more than that.

In the words of Mr Brooke in Little Women... "Over the mysteries of female life there is drawn a veil best left undisturbed."
Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

What's the deal with the different covers? The review page has 1 cover, the amazon page has 2 other covers.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:25 PM

I enjoy a good chick flick sometimes. THIS was not one of the good ones. I went wth my wife to see this on the big screen. Havng seen episodes of the television show, I kind of knew what to expect...a good nap! Unfortunately, I didn't pass out quick enough. The hags look worse than ever, and behaved more vulgar than ever. There was no eye candy for a guy to enjoy in this 'Sex and the City' universe. Even the heavy makeup wasn't enough to hide the cracks. My wife loved the first one, but hated this sequel. I'm pretty sure this move was made by and for gay men. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's the 21st Century, and SJP can be a gay man if he wants to be.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defshep View Post
I enjoy a good chick flick sometimes. THIS was not one of the good ones. I went wth my wife to see this on the big screen. Havng seen episodes of the television show, I kind of knew what to expect...a good nap! Unfortunately, I didn't pass out quick enough. The hags look worse than ever, and behaved more vulgar than ever. There was no eye candy for a guy to enjoy in this 'Sex and the City' universe. Even the heavy makeup wasn't enough to hide the cracks. My wife loved the first one, but hated this sequel. I'm pretty sure this move was made by and for gay men. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's the 21st Century, and SJP can be a gay man if he wants to be.
Thanks for providing some laughs in what has been an otherwise difficult day.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRez View Post
Thanks for providing some laughs in what has been an otherwise difficult day.
Glad I could help! Hope tomorrow's a better one for ya!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:51 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVinyl View Post
Regarding the video and audio scores should not this be "Bad flick, good disc"?
That would encourage people to buy it, and I want to do that as little of that as possible
Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Has anyone encountered audio issues with this release?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defshep View Post
I'm pretty sure this move was made by and for gay men.
As a gay man, I seriously resent that remark. Movies like this, and comments like that are what means the word "gay" is shifting from its meaning of "a polite word for homosexual" to "a word to describe anything that's shit".

I made the mistake of seeing the first movie - absolute garbage from start to finish. Every single review I've seen has said that this is much worse. The mind boggles!