'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Ultimate Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Default 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Ultimate Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Ultimate Edition' has just been posted. Aaron says this set switches packaging already, which is a real bummer for collectors of the first two ultimate editions. This set mirrors the previous edition, but with a lot more goodies. You'll have to check out the packaging yourself to see what you think, overall his verdict is "For Collectors Only!"

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3715..._ultimate.html
Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 PM

Well, hopefully they won't do 5 - 8, but 5 - 7. I would hope that the Ultimate Edition of Deathly Hallows will be the whole thing. Especially, since the packaging dictates "Years".

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Former Member

well, i honestly stopped giving a damn about this series of releases as soon as this pair (3 and 4) were known as NOT having extended cuts, and were just recycling of old discs for the film.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
well, i honestly stopped giving a damn about this series of releases as soon as this pair (3 and 4) were known as NOT having extended cuts, and were just recycling of old discs for the film.
Well, I have the HD DVDs and merely want to "swap them out". I look at these releases as a reason.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 AM

Still canīt understand the "low" score for this movie. In my opinion, and if you search the WWW you find out most fans agree, this is by far the very best of all HP movies.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:17 AM

You're joking, right? This is indeed by far the worst of the HP movies. This movie took everything that made the first two great and pissed all over it. Of course, the fourth movie was no better, as the movie was just a giant pile of rush, and this is coming from someone who has never read the books.

Both this movie and the fourth one need like a half hour worth of new footage.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

I hated the packaging change too, makes me wish I didn't keep the first two LOL. I wonder if it would be better to sell these and wait for the eventual 'Ultimate Edition Box Set' which I bet will happen.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 AM

In my opinion the first two movies were by far the worst of the bunch. The third one brought real fantasy in the mix instead of trying to recreate the novels without a unique vision. Perhaps this is is a cultural difference again...In Germany there it is consensus among critics that the third part was the one that really gave life to the franchise and many fans regard it as the best. While the first two parts were mainly movies for children, the third part got a lot deeper and focused much better on the characters and their relationships.

At metacritic it also fares much better than the first two:

HP 1 64
HP 2 63
HP 3 81

Rotten Tomatoes:

HP 1 78 %
HP 2 82 %
HP 3 90 %

So it does not seem to be that uncommon to love the third part and prefer it over the first two, eh? ;-)

Last edited by VincentVinyl; 11-02-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
You're joking, right? This is indeed by far the worst of the HP movies. This movie took everything that made the first two great and pissed all over it. Of course, the fourth movie was no better, as the movie was just a giant pile of rush, and this is coming from someone who has never read the books.

Both this movie and the fourth one need like a half hour worth of new footage.
Sorry. There's a universal consensus that part 3 is one of the best, if not the best, in the series.

On another note, this is the best time travel movie I've ever seen. Honestly, it's brilliantly done.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewizguy View Post
Sorry. There's a universal consensus that part 3 is one of the best, if not the best, in the series.

On another note, this is the best time travel movie I've ever seen. Honestly, it's brilliantly done.
Personally while i enjoyed part 3 a lot and especially it's visual style i also enjoyed the second one just as much but thats probably because the spider scene freaked me out. ( bit of an arachnophobe )

The fourth and fifth movies seemed weaker to me but the sixth was a return to form and the final film which is split into two looks pretty good if the trailer is anything to go by.