Small Aliens Special Edition Playback Issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2010, 06:01 PM

Question Small Aliens Special Edition Playback Issue

All, apologies for creating a new topic, but can anyone confirm having the same niggling issue I'm having with the Aliens bluray?
At the 50:54 mark of the Special Edition

Spoiler
The scene where Hudson kicks in a door so he and Vasquez can check out what's setting off his motion tracker,

the video seems to be sped up for a couple of seconds (ending at about 50:58). Audio plays fine during this time, though.
Can anyone confirm or deny this behavior during their viewing?
I'm playing it on a Playstation 3, firmware 3.50, if that makes a difference.
Once again, apologies for creating a new topic, but any assistance or findings would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by twonunpackmule; 10-31-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixrisingxl View Post
All, apologies for creating a new topic, but can anyone confirm having the same niggling issue I'm having with the Aliens bluray?
At the 50:54 mark of the Special Edition (SPOILER WARNING The scene where Hudson kicks in a door so he and Vasquez can check out what's setting off his motion tracker END SPOILER WARNING), the video seems to be sped up for a couple of seconds (ending at about 50:58). Audio plays fine during this time, though.
Can anyone confirm or deny this behavior during their viewing?
I'm playing it on a Playstation 3, firmware 3.50, if that makes a difference.
Once again, apologies for creating a new topic, but any assistance or findings would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
hi,
nice catch,i didn't see that and hadn't noticed it in any of the previous versions.i just checked the Quadrilogy version and it does the same thing.i don't have anything older than the Q to reference it against but i am guessing it's always been there, i haven't noticed it before and it's never distracted me,
all though if it does now,i know who to blame
Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpacksam View Post
hi,
nice catch,i didn't see that and hadn't noticed it in any of the previous versions.i just checked the Quadrilogy version and it does the same thing.i don't have anything older than the Q to reference it against but i am guessing it's always been there, i haven't noticed it before and it's never distracted me,
all though if it does now,i know who to blame
Funny thing is I've got all three digital sets, going back to the Legacy box set, and never noticed that either. Saw it yesterday for the first time, and thought I might have a firmware issue or bad disc.
Thanks for checking both the Quadrilogy and Anthology sets.
I apologize in advance if this 'ruins' your future viewings, though.
Lol.
Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 PM

Honestly, I've noticed this going back to the Special Edition LD -- it's always seemed jarring to me.

I don't think it's a Blu issue.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Certainly was a valid question though. Every wave of Fox titles brings on a new DRM issue.